cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Gaming Rig! (Finally...): The Extreme Gaming Matchine, 2x R9 290, Triple Display..

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
UPDATE (2nd Jan. 2014): Hey guys, my first ever Youtube video has been made, and is about the rig! Go check it out and let me know if you thought it was too long, too short, if the intro was nice or not, etc. It would be greatly appreciated. More videos coming! Please subscribe and like! That way you can always be up to date! Again thank you for all the support...

I am truly thrilled to think that my thread is the most popular on the forum and has got over 9,000 views! Honestly, thank you. This could not have been done without the amazing help that you guys gave me, and I do thank you for it! 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, the Rig has fully arrived, and the building process is just about to begin! 😉

Price? ------------------> Over 4.000 Dollars.

There's no going back.

To those who saw my previous posts about the ask for advice, thank you for the support!

---------------------------------------------------------
SPECIFICATIONS

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VI Formula (280 eur.)

CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (300 eur.)

CPU Cooler
Corsair H100i (38 eur.)

RAM
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (DDR3 1600Mhz) (180 eur.)

Video Card
(2x) Sapphire R9 290 in Crossfire 2x4GB (700 eur.)

System Drive
Corsair Force Series GS 240GB Solid State Drive (190 eur.)

Storage Drive
Western Digital 2TB Black (7200rpm, 64MB cache) (160 eur.)

Optical Drive
ASUS DVD-RW (30 eur.)

Case

Corsair Obsidian 800D (320 eur.)

Power Supply

Seasonic 1250 Watts (230 eur.)

Epic Extras:

Mouse
Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5

Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance K70 Full Mechanical

Headset
Razer Chimaera Wireless Headset

Screens
3x BenQ 2450hm 24" LED

Pictures: (More to come! ) 😛

Special Thanks to: Arne Saknussemm, Nodens & HiVizMan! 🙂

Let me know your thoughts about it!

Yours Dearly,

Hyper.
Maximus VI Formula I Intel I7 4770K I Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @1600Mhz I 240 GB Corsair Force GS Series SSD I WD Caviar Black 2TB I Corsair H100i I Seasonic 1250w I Corsair Obsidian 800D I 2x Sapphire R9 290s (2x4GB) in Crossfire I 3x BenQ 2450hm 24" in Eyefinity I Razer Chimaera Headset I Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse I Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Youtube: HyperDroids // Instagram: @latesttech4all
195 REPLIES 195

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Woah! Christmas come early hehe...looks great all piled up :cool:

When you pass current through it for the first time I expect a similar reaction;):

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
Wait, where's the Corssfire bridge that comes with my Max VI Formula???

Does it even come with one?
Maximus VI Formula I Intel I7 4770K I Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @1600Mhz I 240 GB Corsair Force GS Series SSD I WD Caviar Black 2TB I Corsair H100i I Seasonic 1250w I Corsair Obsidian 800D I 2x Sapphire R9 290s (2x4GB) in Crossfire I 3x BenQ 2450hm 24" in Eyefinity I Razer Chimaera Headset I Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse I Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Hyper Droid wrote:
Wait, where's the Corssfire bridge that comes with my Max VI Formula???

hehe have you opened the cards yet?...the question would be "Wait why are there no crossfire connections on the card?"

Don't need them any-more especially with the bandwidth of Gen 3.0 PCIe....

Chino
Level 15
The Maximus VI Formula doesn't come with a crossfire bridge. Besides the R9 290 doesn't use a crossfire bridge anymore.

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
holy smoly, that's right, I forgot, I was having a panic attack, I'm building it right now!y
jesus, for a second there I thought you meant that the R9 290 isn't compatible in crossfire, but I just remembered, it connects via the motherboard and that's it! Unless I'm wrong! 😉

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
yeah yeah yeah, I simply forgot! Not surprising since they always used a bridge, up until Hawaii came out in October. That's right, correct?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah you're right it's just the 290 and 290X at the moment....I guess Nvidia will head that way too...the bridge's days are numbered...

How's the build going?

I'd be interested in your opinion on the keyboard I have my eye on one of those...

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
great! cpu installed, ram aswell... now Im gunna fit it in
... 🙂

ih yeah! the keyboard, Ill tell ya everything!

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
the motherboard has been mounted, tome for the GPU's....