ROG Member Array

PC will not power off.

Hi Everyone,

Before I get to the issue, here is my system spec.

ASUS Maximus V Extreme (BIOS 1903)
    i7-3770K
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8x2)
    Seasonic Platinum 850W
    EVGA GTX-680 4GB x2 (SLI)
    4-port SATA Controller (PCI-E x2)
    Samsung 840 EVO x2 (Raid 0)
    WD Black 1TB x3 (Connected to SATA controller)

Now the issue. Problem is that whenever I choose "Shut Down" in Windows 8.1, it would shut down normally and the screen would go black. However, the PC does not turn off. Everything in the PC is running, even the LEDs on my keyboard are still lit. I re-seated all the power cables connecting to the motherboard and peripherals. A solution I found on the internet was to allow the operating system to turn off IEEE-1394 Bus Host Controllers in Device Manager, but I do not have it there.

Another issue is that whenever I try accessing my hard-drives or open a folder in them, it never loads. The bar on top will just continue filling until it is full but the folder never opens.

If more information is needed, please ask.
    Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyChubbs View Post
    Another issue is that whenever I try accessing my hard-drives or open a folder in them, it never loads. The bar on top will just continue filling until it is full but the folder never opens.
    This pretty much points to a corrupted operating system. A fresh install at default settings should fix things.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

You could uninstall the iRST application and see if that sorts your power down issue.

The folders well that could be because the OS is trying to setup each folder as a video folder. Set to documents for the entire hard drive and that annoying green bar goes away.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

@HiVizMan
    For the iRST, you are talking about Intel Rapid Storage Technology correct?

@Praz
    Might do that as a last resort. Or once the weekend comes around.

Yeah that is correct.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Update:

Went to go uninstall the iRST drivers/program and found out it I never installed it in the first place. Downloaded the file from the ASUS site and installed. So far I am having no issues with hard-drives loading and PC not being able to power off.

Hopefully this keeps up.

Cheers mate, thank you for the report back.