cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone I need some help

Sturmovik
Level 7
Hello everyone! so its time to build something and I need your help 🙂

So after almost a week of looking and reading and thinking I am down to 2 cases now .
NZXT Source 530 and Thermaltake Overseer RX-I
They both have filters where I need them and easy to clean and other stuff as well.
But here is where it gets tricky.. witch one to buy ?
here are my 2 options

A) Thermaltake Overseer RX-I + 4x Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 = 190$ total I am going to have to remove the stock fans it h as because they slow and move only around 60CFM where as CM well over 100CFM.

B) NZXT Source 520 + 7x Prolimatech PRO-BV14 140mm = 168$ Almost same thing here the Prolimaech looks like a great fan s that move alot of air and quite as well going to put 2x in front / 3x on top( replace the current 1x 120mm ) / 1x rear ( repl ace the current 120mm ) 1x on bottom next to PSU.
so.. yeah.. what you think guys ? OR is there a better option? Let me know . Thank you

specs Im thinking on getting ( also open to suggestion on them as well )

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake VN700M1W2N ATX Full Tower Case ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master Megaflow 110.0 CFM 200mm Fan ($14.97 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Cooler Master Megaflow 110.0 CFM 200mm Fan ($14.97 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Prolimatech PRO-BV14 87.0 CFM 140mm Fan ($9.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1221.80
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 11:57 EST-0500)
35 REPLIES 35

HiVizMan
Level 40
Forgive me for asking this question.

Why are you asking a ASUS support forum to offer comment on a AsRock build? Not sure that having a ASUS optical drive really qualifies mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sturmovik
Level 7
Oh my bad.. old build for mobo Im thinking to go with ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 but open to better options in range of 100-15$

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL all good mate all good.

If your motherboard budget was say 189 then the Hero is available from Newegg.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Antronman
Level 10
Whups.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Sturmovik
Level 7
Yes, I been looking at Hero mobo .. and I really love pretty much everything about it ! and even the color theme is much better! 😄
but sadly im kinda.. how to say.. poor.. LOL but is it better by alot from the one I m picking ?

Antronman... what do you mean ? 760 ?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
For that price maybe go back to Z77? Same price....http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2nnAv GPU has more memory....smaller SSD if you have some current HDD drives to use as storage...just have to spacemanage a bitmore..better PSU..

?

Sturmovik
Level 7
really want to have SSD with more space so anyway will try to get the minimum 240GB one..
and that PSU is not good ? its gold plus efficient but what would you suggest ?

and any suggestion the the case dilemma guys ? 😄

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, you're right 240 or 256 GB is better....

I like the NZXT better myself...so, final offer LOL 😄 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2nojF

The PSU is the heart of the system and you really want a good heart...Seasonic make great PSUs Rosewill...well, they make PSUs

Sturmovik
Level 7
yeah.. I too liking the NZXT a bit more.. just will need to get more fans for it and replace the one it currently has..
one more question.. is that PSU crossfire/sli ready ? will it support it if i'll want to do that one day ?