Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Maximus VI Formula Sound Crackling Issue's

Hey Everyone,

Im getting a bit sick and tired of the above issue, machine is a new mobo the one mentioned in the above title, new ram, new cpu.
    win 8.1, watching videos in VLC seems random Crackling, sick and tired of it... same with other apps... through headphones and speakers.

Thanks Guy's.

New ROGer Array

same here, i turned down the mic level, and it seems to have helped but dont know when and if i need to have mic connected if the sound problemwill come back...

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Can you guys check and see how you have set up your sound? I saw one guy setting the frequency down to 96000 and that worked for him.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i was waiting HiVizMan too comment you seem too be the guy in the know with the rog boards, I have reinstalled windows fresh 8.1 with latest drivers off asus site, seems great under gaming and so fourth now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i will report back soon , thanks for replies.

New ROGer Array

i get hissing sound when playing any kind of sound. I have to turn down volume to not explode the speakers, then 10 sec later i can turn it up. But when changing song or Movie it comes back in intervals...
    Didnt help to turn frequency down, it was already on 48000 Hz, cause i tryed that to.. tnx anyway for advice.
    brought it up to 96000, will give it a go..

* Asus Maximus Formula VI
    * Intel Core i7-4770K
    * Asus GTX 780
    * Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 32GB
    * Corsair HX 850W PSU
    * Corsair H80i Hydro Series CPU Cooler

BTW
    Cant OC my CPU anything more then stock, though my temp is as cool as my room..?! well thats what AISuite says ...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Have you tried some different codecs or could your try even a different phones or speakers?

ROG Member Array

I've got the same issues and I'm a little tired of it as well.

On a fresh reboot, the sound is completely fine. Once the computer goes into any sort of energy saving mode the crackles come back.
    It gets to be unusable in games, the sound actually causes delays and drastic frame rate drops (until I reboot). It's a little ridiculous to have to reboot your PC to have it function well if you step away from it for more than 15 minutes.

I've tried 4 or 5 different drivers (both the asus branded and the ones straight from realtek, even the microsoft driver) it doesn't help
    I've tried win7, win8 and win8.1 same thing keeps happening.
    I've adjusted the frequency, I've even tried the optical audio port. Nothing seems to help.

I'm a little disappointed in this because there was supposed to be "extra care" put into selecting the components for the onboard audio for this mobo along with the physical isolation that the audio components have on the board itself. I'm probably just going to end up dumping extra cash on a mid-range stand alone card and just disable the onboard. There is always a bit of quirkiness in every board, some little tricks to get everything working right, but this time it has been far too frustrating.

* Asus Maximus Formula VI
    * Intel Core i7-4770
    * Asus GTX 760
    * Corsair HX 850W PSU
    * Corsair H100i Hydro Series CPU Cooler

ROG Member Array

Just as a followup to this, for anyone out there still having problems:

I started uninstalling apps 1 by 1 to try and see if there was software causing problems. Crackling cleared up entirely once I removed the ASUS AI suite. Sound has been crystal clear and fine for over a week now.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar

I'm on the latest driver on the asus support page, *****.7023 because the latest from realtek doesn't offer the correct 5.1 settings.

--> And I noticed the same crackling issue, where the sound goes nuts every 10min and the volume goes through the roof as soon as I uninstall the sonic radar software that comes with the asus version of the realtek driver.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast