cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 JW - graphics card issues and low performance.

Sebastr021
Level 7
Ever sInce I bought this laptop I hadn't been able to run simple games on ultra or high quality settings. The Computer feels really slow taking into account that it has 16gb RAM and I feel there's something not working properly. Yesterday I contacted the asus support chat and after following the instructions I re installed the drivers of my GeForce GTX 765M and after doing all the games started to run smooth: Skyrim on Ultra , The Witcher 2 on Ultra and League of Legends full high settings as well plus the computer actually started to work real fast , like I think it should. I have no idea what to do, it is supposed to be a decent (maybe not high end) gaming laptop and these kinds of issues are real lame after spending 1500$ on a laptop.
I know that according to the GPU's ranking list this card is probably not the best and maybe not even that good but it is decent enough to run this like no problem.

Any tips, advices or tests that I can run to see if there's anything wrong?

Specs:

3 REPLIES 3

khmergod
Level 7
The 765m is a good card, but not great. My 780m with 4gb uses up to ~1800mb of graphics ram on Skyrim on ultra settings with increases in graphics using the ini. I get 45+fps outside world with everything maxed. I can max everything on witcher 2 at 50fps+ except uber sampling which drops it to ~25fps. These games are graphic intensive. League should be easily maxable. I recommend using FXAA or turning off anti aliasing for a big increase In performance. I also recommend updating the drivers.
G750JH-DB71
i7 4700HQ
32GB RAM HYNIX
GTX 7800M
2X128 SSD RAID 0
256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO

I can completely understand that some games are very demanding graphic-wise but how would you explain the fact that I was able to run in on ultra settings after re installing the drivers and then lagging on medium-low.. Thats what makes me think there-s something not working properly.

dont exagerate with AntiAliasing 🙂
you should have got the G750JX with GTX 770M for the best bang for buck ratio 🙂 with an oc you can achieve P6200 on 3DMark 11 🙂
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7