cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will the G750-JX last ?

rajeshtechfreak
Level 7
guys how long do you think a G750-JX will be able to handle games ?

for how many years ?
Is it worth the price ??
It'd be great if someone could tell me the settings on which it will be able to play the later games !?
I don't really care about lots of details like shadows AA etc but gameplay should be smooth !
I can't build a desktop now ! But i want to game !
I don't know what to do ! 😕
They say mobile gaming is not at all powerful ..! 😕
2 REPLIES 2

villiansv
Level 11
It's probably safe to say that the JX will give you playable frame rates at least for 3 years, though at what quality is anyone's guess. Nobody can predict how demanding the future games will be.

A desktop of similar price will probably be more powerful.

Mobile gaming is just fine, as long as you don't expect to game on battery.

Flea0
Level 10
it's a gaming laptop, which makes it a luxury commodity.
Of course it isn't the best value for money. For the same price you could build a similarly powered desktop pc and have enough money left to buy a ps4 and maybe even squeeze in a Vita. You are paying for the mobility and compactness of a laptop, as well as its build quality.

I bought a laptop with decent gaming capabilities (the first-gen Envy 15) and it lasted 3 years before eventually Bioshock Infinite was clearly too much for it to handle, even at 720p. I expect the JX to deliver decent framerates down to 720p for at least four-five years, but that depends entirely on what will happen with the next generation of gaming engines designed to fully utilize ps4 and xbox one hardware.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display