Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Neophyte's Custom Liquid Cooling Guide: How To, Why To, What To Expect

01_Wolverine
Level 12
From Anandtech by Dustin Sklavos on September 30, 2013 12:01 AM EST

Quote;

For a lot of enthusiasts, a full custom watercooling (or liquid cooling, if you prefer) can be essentially the final frontier. Closed loop coolers have been taking off in a big way, bringing watercooling to the masses, but sacrifices are made in the process. The overwhelming majority of closed loop coolers employ aluminum radiators instead of the copper and brass that are used in custom loops, and the pumps tend to be on the weaker side, presumably to both keep noise down and because there's really only one component to cool. I'm still enthusiastic about these products because they can offer excellent cooling performance without placing the undue strain on the motherboard that a heavy tower air cooler can, and they're typically a win for system integrators who don't want to risk shipping damage. Whether you like it or not, this is the direction the market is heading, although pure air cooling most definitely still has its place.

Link

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7363/the-neophytes-custom-liquid-cooling-guide-how-to-why-to-what-to-e...
1 REPLY 1

Damon896
Level 7
I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. Your post will be rather good.