New ROGer Array

My new build need advise on trident x ddr3

Hello every 1 ,

I just finished building a new desk top. I am most interested in a fast comp for gaming cod .
    First I would like to start with tweaking my memory I have trident x 2400 10-12-12-31 quad channel.
    the cupid-z shows dual channel ? and asus memory tweak shows only numbers higher then each My understanding is to bring the clocks down ? Any suggestions on my first settings and were should I start in bios or mem tweak ? Also when I first did new build with windows 8.1, I hade a ssd evo 840 250 gb and after applying all settings my stuff repeatedly locked up now im using intel 530 ;( obviously not as fast but doesn't lock up any ideas ?

Windows 8.1
    Thermaltake case
    Asus maximus V extreme
    i5 3570 clocked up to 4.6mhz corsair water cooled H80
    Geforce gtx 770 x 2 sli
    thermaltake 850 watt
    intel 530 ssd
    Last edited by RoccatSense; 12-21-2013 at 01:51 AM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Welcome to the ROG forums, RoccatSense.

Quad channel memory is for the X79 platform. And you're using the Z77 platform which uses dual channel memory. So what you're seeing is completely normal.

As for the lockups, it's hard to say since there are a lot of influencing factors. But since you're overclocked, I'd suggest looking there first.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

4 sticks does not make something quad channel. The motherboard chipset determines what kind of memory controller is possible for the CPU. So no Ivy or SB of Haswell CPU will ever be quad channel, only X79 platform.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

Thank you for the awesome advise . so in bios I have set the primary just fine . then I use the memory twekit prog and I am getting a good effiency score and apply it just fine runs good but when I restart my comp it looses the settings . I try to copy the settings in the bios and my comp wont run but there are more settings in bios for dram timing then in tweakit ? please help ??

New ROGer Array

Thank you for the awesome advise
    Last edited by RoccatSense; 12-22-2013 at 09:53 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoccatSense View Post
    Thank you for the awesome advise . so in bios I have set the primary just fine . then I use the memory twekit prog and I am getting a good effiency score and apply it just fine runs good but when I restart my comp it looses the settings . I try to copy the settings in the bios and my comp wont run but there are more settings in bios for dram timing then in tweakit ? please help ??

The memtweak it application is only in OS. It will not change any settings permanently. What you cad do is find what works in OS and then set in bios.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.