cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck to 800mhz once I launch a game [solved?]

dboris
Level 7
Hey.
I have a very strange problem with my G750JX: Every time I click on a game's window, the processor goes from 3.2ghz to 800mhz 😞
So every game gets laggy of course :(.

Before that, everything was ok.
I tried to install/unistall everything...

I tested it on BF4, ARMA 3, Skyrim..

I was despaired, thinking to a softsware problem.. And I wiped off windows:
Now I have a brand new and clean windows installation :D.
And I still have the same problem :(.

What, da, ****.

Of course, everything is set to 100% in windows power management :/.
39 REPLIES 39

schmoo13
Level 7
dboris wrote:
Hey.
I have a very strange problem with my G750JX: Every time I click on a game's window, the processor goes from 3.2ghz to 800mhz 😞
So every game gets laggy of course :(.

Before that, everything was ok.
I tried to install/unistall everything...

I tested it on BF4, ARMA 3, Skyrim..

I was despaired, thinking to a softsware problem.. And I wiped off windows:
Now I have a brand new and clean windows installation :D.
And I still have the same problem :(.

What, da, ****.

Of course, everything is set to 100% in windows power management :/.

is your laptop plugged in?

dboris
Level 7
Of course yes.
I also tried with or without the battery, same problem.
I called ASUS suport, they asked me to send an email and to take screenshots...
I am affrain that it will takes several weeks to solve 😞

I just bought DAYZ thinking that the reinstallation of windows 8 would have solved it 😞

If you have any idea... 😞

villiansv
Level 11
Are you using Asus power4gear? If so, uninstall it and try with the default windows power plans.

dboris
Level 7
I already tried to unistall it. I tried again: same problem. It worked before with it anyway.

I made a video for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b47KTvxkNRU&feature=youtu.be

dboris wrote:
I already tried to unistall it. I tried again: same problem. It worked before with it anyway.

I made a video for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b47KTvxkNRU&feature=youtu.be

Wow, that's freaky! I don't have an external monitor handy right now to try it myself, but when I ran BF4 beta and used a logging program to record CPU during game play the CPU definitely maxxed out during game play. That was a G750JX.

Have you tried on the built in screen and log the CPU performance to a file to review after play? Is it related to the use of the external screen?

Weird 🙂

I would report this to Asus via a Technical Inquiry - register your laptop with Asus support and file a report and ask them to look into it.

Be patient, you will have to escalate the problem a couple of levels to get to the technical staff able to understand the problem. Be nice to everyone in between - they are the ones that need to get you to the person(s) you need to talk with. 🙂

try to get the last bios update, i heard there is problems with cpu freq with the first version of the bios 🙂
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

sasuke256 wrote:
try to get the last bios update, i heard there is problems with cpu freq with the first version of the bios 🙂

That fix was only for battery power... but it couldn't hurt to update if he hasn't already. 🙂

I know he removed Power4Gear, but he doesn't say if he set the Power Option to High Performance or Balanced, he may be on Power Saver?

dboris
Level 7
I also have the last 208 bios ;(

And again; everything was working fine before, and since a few weeks, I have this :(.
So I really thought it was a windows problem but I reinstalled windows totally and the CPU still does the sme thing.

And, I emailed Asus French support.
They first told me to reinstall windows with ASUS Preload Wizard.
I then answered that I had already done it as written on my first email.. And the answered me the same thing again. :eek: -__-
On phone they told me to send some screenshots via email..

I'm waiting for another email answer, I once again told the guy that I already reinstalled windows.

dboris wrote:
I also have the last 208 bios ;(

And again; everything was working fine before, and since a few weeks, I have this :(.
So I really thought it was a windows problem but I reinstalled windows totally and the CPU still does the sme thing.

And, I emailed Asus French support.
They first told me to reinstall windows with ASUS Preload Wizard.
I then answered that I had already done it as written on my first email.. And the answered me the same thing again. :eek: -__-
On phone they told me to send some screenshots via email..

I'm waiting for another email answer, I once again told the guy that I already reinstalled windows.

Stick with it, they will eventually get it, someone will 🙂

Yeah, that is weird, it is acting like a battery issue... look at your battery icon, see if it is still charging when you start the game - I had a problem where a bad power adapter caused a Macbook Pro to stop charging while I was doing heavy work - it went into battery power mode because the adapter couldn't meet the power requirement of powering the laptop with my heavy work load and charge at the same time - replacing the power adapter fixed that problem.

It is also acting like you are using the power save plan in the Power Options control panel. Which power plan are you set to use on AC?