cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb Alert! Question about Uefi Video Card.

flashpop
Level 7
My motherboard is uefi, but my video card, while nice, is not. Do I have to run in Legacy mode? I got that impression in something I read on the forum. Sorry if it is too newby!

Thanks! 😮
flashpop
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate

If you list your hardware I think we can help you better.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for the feed back!!

Asus Maximus V Extreme MB
Seasonic 1000w PSU
RaidR of course!
One mSATA 60gb Card for page file and temp files.
2 TB WD Black HD
evga GTX 690 running as single SLI card
Asus PCIe sound card
Asus Blueray DVD x 2
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8gb x 2 Memory

I think that covers it except for Monitors and other peripherals.

Thanks for the help!!

-jerry
flashpop

HiVizMan
Level 40
if you plan to run Win8 then you will gain the most benefit from running in UEFI mode. If not then it is really not important.

There is a UEFI bios for that card by the way.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for the information! I did not know about the bios for my video card! I'll track that down and install. I am using windows 8.1 by the way, sorry I left that out!

I go to evga website and look for the bios!

Thank you for answering my question!

-jerry
flashpop

Nodens
Level 16
Unless things changed the UEFI GOP for the card will not be available at the website. You have to request it from customer support.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.