cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my i7-3770K @3.20GHz? when it should be 3.50GHz? Flaw in Bios..?

Travisel
Level 7
Hello

I have a ASUS ROG MAXIMUS V FORMULA and i7-3770K

With Bios 1903 after flash on first boot it says my 3770k @3.20GHz? should it not be at 3.50GHz? saying stock multiplier (16-32) should it be @35?http://valid.canardpc.com/g4qszc

What did I do to under clock my stock settings? can any one help me plz

I have tried flashing the Bios from 1604 to 1903 on a fresh flash first boot always says 3.2GHz why?

The very first time I booted this mother board up it was 3.5GHz....stock bios came with this mother board was 1604 then I started overclocking and after 15 boots it locked too 3.2GHz. what now?

Cooler Master NVidia HAF-X
Cooler Master 1000W Gold PSU
Cooler Master EISBERG 240L CPU cooler
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS V FORMULA
ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5
ASUS 12x Blu-ray combo
ASUS 27" PB278 1440p monitor
Intel i7-3770K
Intel 530 SSD 240GB

I hope this helps
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Actually the CPUz is showing your system clocked at 4700MHz so not sure what you are referring too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Travisel
Level 7
Specification under CPU-Z says stock Intel i7-3770K CPU @3.20GHz why? Stock 3770K is 3.50GHz is it not? why would this change ever or can't change back?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Try a different version of CPUz see if it is still the same. It would not worry me at all. As the CPU is clearly doing what you want it to do. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have tried everything....its my Bios 1903 that's reading my 3770K as a 3.20GHz "32x multiplier" for some reason?

any info on how to read the 3770K as a stock 3.50GHz would be awesome...

Thanks "AMHiVizMan" and your right about my overclock it seems not to affect it in anyway!

Its just annoying when I show anyone my overclock specs and they ask me why my 3770K stock 3.20GHz...I have no idea why this happened...I was hopping someone else had the same issue with a fix or something?

P>S I tried different version of CPU-Z its not but something to do with the Bios.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well what you could do and I would personally have to sit down and think about doing this, is reflash yoru bios. Use a fat formatted USB stick and the EZflash utility in the tools menu of the bios of course.

Now the bits to think about is will you get the same OC with a different bios? And then the inherent risk of bios flashing. I guess for me I would be more focused on what my system does, rather than what my system reports.

So the only fix would be to reflash the bios. Write down your OC settings and hope they work with the new bios you flash too.