cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange problem!!!!

Speezy
Level 7
so sometimes i hear strange sound from my computer and then i can feel air coming from the right side vent and then it suddenly goes off and i dont feel air coming so is this normal? it goes like on and off all the time and when it goes back on and the air starts to come i hear strange sound from my computer
3 REPLIES 3

chrsplmr
Level 18
Speezy .. Welcome to ROG.

It is normal for fans to throttle up and down. Not normal to make 'strange sound' ..
and a beast like that, others can confirm or say it is incorrect, but I wouldn't think
they would shut completely off ..

How long have you had this unit ? Have you cleaned the filters ? Do you have cats ? etc.
Best of Luck. .c.

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you think it is strange, you can send to service center to check.

hmscott
Level 12
Speezy wrote:
so sometimes i hear strange sound from my computer and then i can feel air coming from the right side vent and then it suddenly goes off and i dont feel air coming so is this normal? it goes like on and off all the time and when it goes back on and the air starts to come i hear strange sound from my computer

Speezy, strange sound? Like nice fan noise, or growly / crackly / metallic fan noise?

Someone on here had a fan with broken blades and it made a nasty sound. Shine a flashlight into that vent while running a graphics intensive app / benchmark to see if the fan blades are hitting something.

Their laptop had a stress crack in the body plastic that caused the vent area to skew and the fan to hit.

Let me see if I can find the posting... yup here it is, with photo's:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41351-New-Crack-under-Right-vent-and-Left-Fan-on-high&p=350...