cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 USB Charger Plus - No USB charge on battery

Yakov
Level 7
Cannot charge my cellphone on battery while sleeping, even though settings have been changed accordingly.
Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. 0x07
17 REPLIES 17

wrangler
Level 7
Are you using the correct USB port?

not sure about it 100% but i know you can turn it on in BIO's

Which is the correct one? All are USB 3.0
Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. 0x07

Yakov wrote:
Which is the correct one? All are USB 3.0

Your ASUS eManual explains USB charging (pages 22 & 69 of the English version). The port with the lightning bolt is the correct one.

BTW, the USB that ends up working is your high amperage USB port, so your cell phone (for instance) will charge faster there than in any of he other USB ports.

Pitcher1
Level 9
can you charge in idle mode? into BIOS to check USB item is enable.

Maxter
Level 9
I had this exact same issue. On the right of the computer there are 2 USB plugs. One has a little sticker with a flash looking symbol. This is supposed to be the USB charging one. But mine didn't work. I checked that the software was up and running and pertinent boxes were ticked, but still same issue. I tried the other USB, not the one that has the charging sticker and it worked... So weird. As long as the software is running, you can do it from sleep mode, or off. It does work. Try the other USB port (it'll be just like plugging it to the outlet)

wrangler
Level 7
I think if you look, you'll find that the USB symbol on that port has a lightning bolt as part of it.

wrangler wrote:
I think if you look, you'll find that the USB symbol on that port has a lightning bolt as part of it.

actually, you are correct... but there are 2 labels with the bolt. The USB that works has the bolt engraved (had to shine a flash light into it to see it. The bolt sticker, which can be seen very nicely, is on the other USB port. Weird...