Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got problem with wiindows after installing SSD

Rawand
Level 7
Hi guys

I clone c drive with samsung app for samsung evo

Everything was ok i back to windows i formatet c drive after restart i go to bios i selected ssd for boot
But in windows welcome stuck wont go to the windows

Even i tried with windows 7 dvd i want install windows 7 i cant when said press any key for dvd. Something esle coming its windows repair for win 8

Please what i do today i bought my asus 😞
14 REPLIES 14

Pitcher1
Level 9
can you try use asus tool? do you mean when you set boot in BIOS, it is unalbe to boot form cd?

Did you remove the old HDD before you tried to install windows onto the SSD? It's very normal for windows to install across both drives and that can cause all kinds of annoying little issues. Once your image is copied onto a USB stick just pull it out of the laptop until you successfully boot with the SSD.

I personally used Asus backtracker when I installed my 840pro, if you haven't formatted the HDD you were replacing I would at least recommend giving it a try.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
can you try use asus tool? do you mean when you set boot in BIOS, it is unalbe to boot form cd?

Even when i want install win 7 from original dvd. In logo windows stuck i cant get to installing

There is any guide video for asus bios please ?

Rawand
Level 7
I downloaded usb recovery for g750jx even with recovery i cant recover system
Now even i cant install windows 7
When i go with usb recovery i chose lang and troubleshop even there i cant recover my system.

Please please guys help me ASAP :((

I downloaded usb recovery from here

https://mega.co.nz/#F!m9JGSIjS!EuBGFFrgzLlOOB81dozoUQ

villiansv
Level 11
Windows needs more than the C drive to boot. The UEFI boot process includes a special UEFI partition that holds the boot files. If you only clone the C drive and wipe everything else, it won't boot. Clone every partition from the original boot drive instead.

I'd be suprised if the Windows 8 recovery option (booting from an install usb or dvd) wouldn't be able to repair this though. Google may help here.

villiansv wrote:
Windows needs more than the C drive to boot. The UEFI boot process includes a special UEFI partition that holds the boot files. If you only clone the C drive and wipe everything else, it won't boot. Clone every partition from the original boot drive instead.

I'd be suprised if the Windows 8 recovery option (booting from an install usb or dvd) wouldn't be able to repair this though. Google may help here.

What i have to do now please !!
Even i want to install win 7 stucks when windows logo shows up

villiansv wrote:
Windows needs more than the C drive to boot. The UEFI boot process includes a special UEFI partition that holds the boot files.

No, Windows does not need more than one drive. You're right about the UEFI partition, though that is on the same OS drive.

Even i want to install win 7 stucks when windows logo shows up

You need to disable UEFI and disable Secure Boot to install Windows 7. That could be why you are having a problem running it. Only Windows 8 will run under UEFI.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

hi guys... i have a couple of SSDs waiting to be opened here and this thread made me a bit hesitant to open them. im really concerened about how to migrate windows to my SSD (one of them) as i will be diacarding my HDD. im not worried about my personal files as my g750 is brand new and i only want my genuine windows to be installed in the ssd. how exactly am i going to do this? i heared about the ASUS Backtracker but i dont know if that will work as a bootable usb device after i discard my hdd and inastall both ssds.

domu221 wrote:
hi guys... i have a couple of SSDs waiting to be opened here and this thread made me a bit hesitant to open them. im really concerened about how to migrate windows to my SSD (one of them) as i will be diacarding my HDD. im not worried about my personal files as my g750 is brand new and i only want my genuine windows to be installed in the ssd. how exactly am i going to do this? i heared about the ASUS Backtracker but i dont know if that will work as a bootable usb device after i discard my hdd and inastall both ssds.

It's very easy to do, I think the OP just had a random issue that isn't at all normal. This is what I did when installing my aftermarket SSD into my JX:

1) Download Asus Backtracker and clone your HDD to a 8GB usb stick
2) Power down G750. Remove power plug and battery.
3) Remove HDD/SDD cover on the bottom of the laptop
4) Remove both drive cages.
*A lot of people like to make sure their SSD is in the left drive cage, so you may want to swap out the HDD with the SDD in the cage. (I didn't and it works fine)
5) Mount SSD in cage and insert into laptop. Do NOT put the HDD back in, that is a very important step.
6) Put drive cover back on (I didn't but it is a good habit), insert battery, plug in power, insert USB stick and power on.
7) Asus BT should boot off the USB automatically and install the clone onto the SSD.
*If BT doesn't boot automatically, just choose it as your boot option
*After you boot into WIndows the first time, Restart and boot a second time.
😎 Reinstall your HDD. I had to boot twice for windows to recognize the HDD, it's a common issue.
9) Copy personal files over to SSD and use WIndows to format the HDD