Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVBE 0xA5 BIOS not fully ACPI compliant

Linightz
Level 7
Hi,

I've just got the black edition board and 2 modules of Corsair 2400MHz 4Gx4,
it's all good while all settings in BIOS are default, memtest passed, etc.
but once I turn on XMP, brought RAM to 2400MHz 4Gx8
it shows BSOD of 0xA5 during "Starting Windows", says

the BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant

Any ideas?
16 REPLIES 16

Linightz
Level 7
I just figured out myself, by changing Rampage Tweak under DRAM Timing Control to Mode 3, the BSOD is gone,
booted into the OS successfully.
But new question: after changing to Mode 3, my 32GB RAM is now 24GB left,
but all sticks are detected, under BIOS and under OS. why is that?

Raja
Level 13
It's still not fully stable (the IMC won't map any rank that is not stable during POST training). Try moving latency boundary out to furthest and see if all the sticks are then mapped to the OS. If not, the option then is to slacken the timings out even more or increase voltages to see if that helps. These are the things one encounters when combining kits..

Hi Raja,
thank you for the reply, I tried change the setting to furthest and it's still unstable, it didn't give me BSOD but it just stocked at "Starting Windows". If I'd try to increase the voltage, is it VCCSA you are talking about? and to slacken the timing, do I increase all timings at once or do I increase one at a time?

Thx a lot.

Raja
Level 13
Okay,1) When the system reBOOTs after you have set "Furthest" for lateny boundary, have a look at what the third timing values are. In fact you might want to save screenhsots of all DRAM pages and upload them here.2) Have a look at what VCCSA is setting to on AUto at DDR3-2400 as well, then adjust and monitor for change. If neither of the above help, then you might want to consider running DDR3-2133 instead.-Raja

Thank you for replying, but I'm running as XMP profile, as it sets the timing manually, so my kits are 10-12-12-31, it didn't change after I change it to "Furthest", do I have to change it to "Auto" and see?

The Auto value for VCCSA @ 2400MHz is about 1.23V, and I tried to increase it, from 1.25v to 1.4v, it doesn't help at all. I've also tried 11-13-13-31, it's still unstable. Does that mean I can only run it for 2133MHz?

---

I wonder why after I set the timings all to "AUTO" the system wouldn't even boot, stops at code 01.

Raja
Level 13
I was referirng to the third timing set, not the primary set. You may well have to run the memory slower than the single kit rating - remember the IMC on the CPU determines what can and cannot be done. Each CPU varies at these types of frequencies, as does each DRAM kit. To recap, Latency Boundary does not change the primary DRAM timings, it changes the third timings. (scroll down the DRAM taming page to see them).Also, as this does appear foreign to you, you'd be wise to take up my advice on saving screenshots of the timing pages and uploading them here.-Raja

Thx Raja, the screenshots have been uploaded, please take a look.
Does it take a very strong IMC to run 2400 4Gx8? or it's just my CPU sucks.
and I thought increase VCCSA would help at least a little, but increasing it doesn't aid any stability.

Linightz
Level 7
seems like Raja too busy X'mas lol
all I got with me on X'mas is my R4BE 😛

HiVizMan
Level 40
Raja is on leave till the 4th January. He needs a break as he has been at it for 18 months without any leave.

It does take a good IMC to run 2400MHz yes. Most CPU's will do 2133MHz no worries, 2400MHz and upwards it is less of a certainty I am sorry to say.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.