cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC with fx 8350 and asus Formula V Z

harvydent
Level 7
hello guys and first of all, sorry for my english, i am from argentina. And my partners/friends can´t clear my doubts
i want to oc my fx 8350 to 4,5 and i have it but my problem is temperature and voltajes ejejejeje
with prime95 70ºC fullLoad stable
idle: 40
my case is: thermaltake level 10 gt
PSU: real power pro 750 w ( i have conected to my motherboard 8 pins only from PSU to motherboard )
mem´s: 1600mhz gskill ddr3 8GB.
my multi in bios is 22.5, vcore 1.41
CPU LOAD LINE CALIBRATION : HIGH
cool and quit, c1, c6 off
CPU cooler: Coolermaster V8
what is my problem guys? can helpme please!?
22 REPLIES 22

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please fit both the 8 pin and the 4 pin if you want to OC that CPU.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

harvydent
Level 7
Thanks HiVizMan i will do it i didn´t know thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good mate you do not want to hurt your CPU and the board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
All good mate you do not want to hurt your CPU and the board.

thnaks againt, but i have a question, the 4 pin conector
Have anything to do with temperature?

harvydent wrote:
thnaks againt, but i have a question, the 4 pin conector
Have anything to do with temperature?

The extra 4 pin is for extra power to the cpu, without that connected the cpu will draw too much from the 8pin alone and can damage your motherboard. The 8350 is a hungry chip when oc'd 🙂

Take a look here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34774-Advise-for-FX-9590-9370-(Centurian)-users-on-C5F-Z-Sa...

This is what could happen if you don't have both connectors plugged in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27942-Can-someone-PLEASE-explain-to-me-why-my-Crosshair-V-F...

ganji wrote:
The extra 4 pin is for extra power to the cpu, without that connected the cpu will draw too much from the 8pin alone and can damage your motherboard. The 8350 is a hungry chip when oc'd 🙂

Take a look here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34774-Advise-for-FX-9590-9370-(Centurian)-users-on-C5F-Z-Sa...

This is what could happen if you don't have both connectors plugged in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27942-Can-someone-PLEASE-explain-to-me-why-my-Crosshair-V-F...

o my good,!! thanks, with a vcoe 1,51 obiusly can damege your hardware but with a vcore 1,41 too?
i have all ready installed but my temperaturo don´t help
thankls again!

HiVizMan
Level 40
If your cooling is up to the job then 1.500 is just fine.

harvydent
Level 7
hello guys again, i have allready installed the 4 pin conector to my motherboard and the 8 pin conector to.
i have installed a water cooler performer thermaltake 3.0.
1) anyone knows what is the voltage limit to AMD FX8350?
2) anyone knows what is the limit temperature for the same processor?
3) anyone knows how i reduce the RPM of my 2 coolers of radiator? i have 24/7 2000rpm and is very noise
thnaks and regards

chrsplmr
Level 18
HarveyDent .. Please Excuse my Manners for not saying so before .. Welcome to ROG.

1. 1.5 puts you in the Red on the V. Just watch you temps. Make sure you only have one
temp meter running at a time. I like HWMonitor, but in extreme OC'n it is a resource hog.

2. Some say 70. My V defaults @ 90. I have had the board shut down from that temp.
[OC'n .. not 24/7.. lol] If your system overheats and shuts down then the cooling system
is simply inadequate or your overclock is to high for the rest of your system to handle.

3.What are your temps. ? Is there reason for them to be that high ? What is the ambient
temp. of the room ? Maybe they need to scream. 0r .. you need more fans ??? maybe.

First thing. Download>> HWMonitor . .. .c.