cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - SUdden video issues?

joontfish
Level 7
Hello,

I have happily owned the Asus G75VW - BHI7N07 for exactly 4 months. When I started it up this morning and went to play a little Warframe I experienced tearing and other mal-rendered graphics. I updated to the latest nVidia driver, but still experienced the graphical errors and game crashes.

I was able to get the game to run and not crash by disabling fullscreen, directx 11, and 64-bit mode, but there was still tearing and incorrectly rendered visuals.

I tested out another game, Bioshock Infinite, and just like Warframe where it had run fine before, it now produces tearing and failed rendering.

Only once did the gpu driver stop working, but in both cases the game eventually crashes to the desktop. What can I do to test the gpu to confirm if it is indeed failing?
5 REPLIES 5

joontfish
Level 7
I seem to be having some luck with the default "High Performance" power setting instead of the Power4Gear High Performance setting.

I noticed in the Event Viewer the nvidia driver was indeed stopping everytime (timing out and restarting). The typical "nvlddmkm" error that we have all encountered at one point or another I am sure.

Still puzzled as to why it all of sudden began experiencing this issue.

joontfish
Level 7
Before every string of warnings which resulted in the video driver crashing there is an error from windows involving "DistributedCOM" not being authorized to make whatever changes it was attempting to execute.

Thoughts? I am unfamiliar with this.

joontfish
Level 7
Before every string of warnings which resulted in the video driver crashing there is an error from windows involving "DistributedCOM" not being authorized to make whatever changes it was attempting to execute.

Thoughts? I am unfamiliar with this.

Well I tried everything I know to do - scan disk, restores, etc. - still crashing.

ASUS support responded to my support ticket by telling me to install the "latest BIOS" which she said is 206 - problem is the initial release of the BIOS was 207 according to their support site.

I had updated the BIOS after upgrading to Win 8.1 because the Win update killed the keyboard back light. I believe I am running BIOS 223 currently. I am about to roll it back and see if it works. Hope I get a Christmas miracle.

13fist
Level 10
Have you monitored your temps? When you updated drivers did you do clean install?
From what I am reading, I want to call this a windows problem. Might check any recent windows updates for conflicts.