cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Asus live update shows T72 Bios update.

CruiserX
Level 7
Any of u got this update on their G750jx?
10 REPLIES 10

Nehmia
Level 9
Don't bother with the ASUS live update and uninstall that crappy piece of ****z software

As usual, the ASUS LIVE UPDATE utility is the worst software / driver updater I've ever seen I wonder why ASUS even make it available for download!

I just tried to update the BIOS on my G750JX as it said it found a newer BIOS but after it downloaded the update, the Flash Updater said that this BIOS is older than the currently installed BIOS!!!

ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Pitcher1
Level 9
please check asus support site first on model page. it are released BIOS, driver, utilities.

I got this Bios update through ASUS Update too. but I didn't try to update the pc, cause it can be bricked if you using ASUS update to update bios. I uninstalled ASUS Update software. It's better to wait until ASUS release the bios update on the official support site for G750JX . so if you don't want to send your pc to ASUS Service , then don't try to update to this bios through ASUS Update software.

JMourao
Level 7
yeah also it appeared on mine, but i didnt update, cause i tought that i already was showing that notification a long time ago. Glad iam not alone :3 i will uninstall that one, and even the other one that is not able to update which driver version is installed

CruiserX
Level 7
Asus trying to brick laptops on Christmas eve. So sick. yea I am gonna uninstall that useless thing and stay updated with the site. Thank you guys for the support.

getjohnalive
Level 7
yeah. we have right to protect our gaming laptops. ASUS should post this bios driver to the G750JX official support site if they want us to update our pc. I don't wanna brick my G750JX, my laptop is still 4 days old. and I don't have time to send it back to service center. don't update!!!

kingkaan
Level 7
i have the g750jw and after reading your post i clicked on check for updates it found one update for my asus and its t12 sounds like a god damn terminator model. so i tried to update with it it said bios i already have is newer than the one i downloaded...so i exited it. you are right they are trying to brick our laptops on christmas.

Demonicpagan
Level 7
I have the same showing on my G750JX with the same results. Why the hell is it giving me an older BIOS version that what I already have installed (v208) >.<. I'm NOT going to brick my laptop by running this update.

RafDav2012
Level 7
how do u install manually your bios?.....coz i download the bios 208 and i dont know how to install,...because there is no setup include on my download..........pls. help,...thanks:)