cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Republic of Gamers Titanium Gray!

Retired
Not applicable
Hi!

I just want to tell you about my new system! (parts, add-ons, etc) and a few pictures when I put it together one day I was at work.

First a little about myself:
I work at the University of Bergen as an apprentice in computer and electronics field. Here I have access to many tools and parts that I can use. In addition, we have extremely good network, which can be advantageous when updates on the OS to be installed.

chassis:
Fractal Design XL Titanium Gray

Motherboard and RAM:
Crosshair Formula V - installed
Corsair Vengance 1600MHz 16GB - installed

GPU, CPU and PSU:
GTX 580 Matrix Platium (x2 in sli maybe?) - installed x1
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition (upgrading too 8core When They Arrive)
Corsair TX V2 850W PSU (maybe changing it too Corsair AX 1200W PSU) - ordered

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - installed

Add-ons:
8PIN extension of ATX - installed
Corsair H50 water cooling kit (upgrading too H80?)
Samsung DVD ± RW Burner (Blue-Ray upgrade?) - ordered
Razer Lycoza blue lightend keyboard - installed
24 "Benq LCD screens x2 - installed
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD 6.0 Gbps for OS - installed
Western Digital Volociraptor 450Gb 10,000 RPM 6.0 Gb for games - installed
Western Digital Green 1TB 7200 RPM x2 for programs and dokuments, and ofc Series and Movies! 😄 - installed
45 REPLIES 45

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome Mortyy, now that you got our attention and drool'n for some pics, ya big tease.

enjoy your stay..

Retired
Not applicable
Chassis

Retired
Not applicable
GPU

uboxed:

This Cpu cooling i have atm..

but im drooling for this:

Psu atm and drooling for:

Cpu:

Retired
Not applicable
i was planing on getting up some pic's! 😛 but im at work and had to leave for an convention 😛 sorry!

Retired
Not applicable
and ofc you know about the CPU, GPU, MOBO, and the other stuff.. so i dont care giving you more info about that 🙂 ty for following 🙂

just kidding. BUT there where some complications with the motherboard, so i cant give you an complete "worklog" on the mounting, since when i finally should press the power button, it wouldnt boot. not even check if there where an cpu, ram, gpu or anything (Qleds).
So i had to return the stuff and put my Crosshair IV formula Motherboard inside it again.
but, i hope it is back soon!

here are some more pics. (i put an 140mm exhaust fan on the sidepanel too, hoping it would bring me some more cooling..)

Memory:

uploading some more pics as we speak!

Mortyy wrote:

here are some more pics. (i put an 140mm exhaust fan on the sidepanel too, hoping it would bring me some more cooling..)

Hi talking of the cooling, is this case have enough air flow for 2 GTX 580 ?

for the PSU ...the AX 1200 is in another league than the TX .....

Cyrekk
Level 10
Oh how often I forget the beauty of Fractal cases... Looking AWESOME man, keep us posted on the build!

EDIT: For the PSU you could also check out the Silverstone Strider Gold series, I am pretty happy with my 1200w.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
Hi talking of the cooling, is this case have enough air flow for 2 GTX 580 ?

for the PSU ...the AX 1200 is in another league than the TX .....

thats the point, i dont know. and i dont want to waste 663$ (3742NOK) on another screencard if it wont work..

yeah.. the AX is indeed in another league.. shall i buy it?

Oh how often I forget the beauty of Fractal cases... Looking AWESOME man, keep us posted on the build!

EDIT: For the PSU you could also check out the Silverstone Strider Gold series, I am pretty happy with my 1200w.

i will keep you guys posted. there wont be much happening since i still have my motherboard in to repairs 😞 its such a shame! 😞
silverstone strider? hmm..
this one http://www.pureoverclock.com/images/review/power_supplies/silverstone_strider1200g/silverstone_strid... ?

i cant find it in any norwegian shops 😞

Cyrekk
Level 10
That is the one, I have been running with it for the past 9 months and really like it. If you cannot find one locally then def. go for the AX. Or if you feel like waiting, 80+ Platinum is supposedly planned to hit market by the end of year [rumored].
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS