cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New g750jx-rb71 owner here with a few questions

medicbear
Level 7
Got a refurbished unit, but when I contacted ASUS they said that my serial was showing as a new unit, with 7 months left on the warranty. Ok no biggie, but I guess when they were refurbishing it a hair got caught in the LCD screen, I checked to see if it stayed or showed after rebooting, screen cap, etc. It def looks like a hair in the LCD. So contacted ASUS they said when I get back from Afghanistan to send it in for repair. Noticed today when it was sitting on my lap, that as I tapped my feet something sounded loose inside, on both tht left and right side. Is this normal? I am thinking based on where it sounds like it is coming from it might be both of the fans. How can I check this out? Also does opening it up to add a HDD mess with my warranty at all? Also when booting up the DVD drive makes a quick zip sound that is quite loud and have never heard on a laptop before, is this normal as well? It is DVD not Blu-Ray. Thank appreciate the feedback. Other than that very happy with the unit, other than fingerprints showing on every aspect.
4 REPLIES 4

reka121402
Level 7
Adding a HDD/SDD does not void your warranty (it wouldn't be a "gaming" laptop if it did)

DVD drive "zip" is normal, happens on every boot and sometimes launching games for me.

As for something sounding loose that shouldn't happen at all, I would contact Asus again and make them aware of it. If it is going in for repair anyway it shouldn't be an issue, but it is best to make a paper trail so you can always go back and say you made them aware of it.

Pitcher1
Level 9
yep, if you just replace or add HDD and DIMM, it is still have warranty, but i think you should send back to check why have sound from DVD site. because maybe some screw not lock, shock make sound.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
If you plan to send in the unit for the LCD issue soon, you may just want to have them check it out, but if you plan to remove the bottom cover first, check if any of the plastic clips for it broke off and are rattling around inside.

1 plastic clip for my G750JW test unit bottom cover broke off when I removed it and rattled around for a little while before it fell out.
Also, as a side note, my bottom cover is still pretty tight even with the broken clip (it was near the non-removable screw which probably helps) and actually makes it a little easier for me to remove, so not too worried about it for my unit.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Both issues should be an easy fix should you send it in to them for service. The rattling could be a loose clip (as cl-Albert mentioned), one or more loose screws, etc. Hopefully it's not a screw, as that could short the system.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!