cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 Slimline HDD caddy?

Brenderick
Level 7
Does anyone know of a slimline ODD bay drive caddy that they have used with a G750JW, and allow me to use my existing bezel?

I was hoping Asus made something, but I dont see where I can buy something like that... I want to convert my optical drive bay so that it will hold a third SATA hard disk drive. Has anyone out there pulled this off? Please point me to a product that you KNOW is compatible with a G750 from personal experience, if you have... thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

SHADO
Level 9
Do you know the exact model of ODD in your laptop currently?
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD
Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was expecting an email notification in the event my post was replied to, silly me...

It's a Pillips/Liteon model DS-8A9SH16C. I used to work in a computer shop fixing PCs, and so it very much appears to be a standard slimline ODD to my eye. When I google this, lots of folks claim they have a drive caddy that will fit this laptop, but it has been my experience in the past that bezel compatibility can be an issue, which is why I am trying to locate someone who has already pulled this off. I cant be the first guy wants to do this, after all... and thanks for the speedy reply, sir, it's much appreciated.