cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard lag caused by touchpad drivers

Inty4
Level 7
Like the title says, I'm experiencing keyboard lag, when I type, random letters are skipped and it's quite annoying. I intsalled ATKCPI drivers V1.0.0030, and it wasn't any better. When I uninstall the touchpad drivers, the problems stop. But I really like the gestures and the ability to disable the trackpad via the FN buttons. I read that other G-series laptops had similar problems, does anyone have a fix for this, or is experiencing the same problems?
26 REPLIES 26

Pitcher1
Level 9
what is your model? G750JW, JH,JW,JX and what is your OS? win 8 or 8.1? if can, please try restore OS.

Inty4
Level 7
It's G750JX and I had the problem on 8 and now on 8.1 both.

Nehmia
Level 9
Did you update to the below latest driver for Touchpad?

Elantec Touchpad Driver 11.5.12.1
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

hmscott
Level 12
Inty4 wrote:
Like the title says, I'm experiencing keyboard lag, when I type, random letters are skipped and it's quite annoying. I intsalled ATKCPI drivers V1.0.0030, and it wasn't any better. When I uninstall the touchpad drivers, the problems stop. But I really like the gestures and the ability to disable the trackpad via the FN buttons. I read that other G-series laptops had similar problems, does anyone have a fix for this, or is experiencing the same problems?

Which version of the Realtek driver do you have installed? The only time I got keyboard lag was from a bad version of the Realtek drivers.

hmscott wrote:
Which version of the Realtek driver do you have installed? The only time I got keyboard lag was from a bad version of the Realtek drivers.

What Realtek Drivers? Audio? What would they have to do with mouse lag or keyboard?
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Nehmia wrote:
What Realtek Drivers? Audio? What would they have to do with mouse lag or keyboard?

Good question 🙂

It was weird, I intsalled it and immediately had lag on typing, at first I thought it was something running in the background - I do lots of stuff at the same time - but after clearing that all out I was still getting lag. So I uninstalled the driver going back to the .7040, and the lag went away.

I have since updated to 6.0.1.7083 without a problem.

Here is the thread where the installer I tried made my text input laggy:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40648-HD-Audio-service-running-at-20-all-the-time&p=343330&...

Inty4
Level 7
The realtek drivers are version 6.0.1.6954, so I guess that's pretty old. I will try updating the elantec drivers and the Realtek ones, and will report back, thanks for the ideas. Never would have thought the audio driver could have anything to do with it.

Inty4
Level 7
Well, it seems I am still getting skipped letters. But it does seem to occur less. I don't know, it's hard to tell, it's not an exact science, since on occasion I actually do make a typo myself. I'll report back in a few days or hours, when I get a better feeling for it, since right now I can't exactly tell. Thanks for the help so far.

Inty4 wrote:
Well, it seems I am still getting skipped letters. But it does seem to occur less. I don't know, it's hard to tell, it's not an exact science, since on occasion I actually do make a typo myself. I'll report back in a few days or hours, when I get a better feeling for it, since right now I can't exactly tell. Thanks for the help so far.

Inty4, dropped / skipped characters are different than lag. Since you had such an old Realtek driver, you probably want to update all your drivers, there is evn an ATK v1.0..0031.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G750JW&hashedid=w5ZFxIpLeKBoVabd

The other thing is it might be the physical keyboard, the way you are pressing the keys. I have come across keyboards that aren't compatible with the way I type, but work fine for others. And, some days are better than others for me. Something to consider.

Most of the time I use a wireless keyboard/trackpad, the Logitech k400r - Logitech has a newer larger one too TK820. This keeps my hands off the laptop, which keeps the laptop clean and lets me control the keyboard I use most of the time - I went through 4 or 5 before settling on this one. That way you aren't stuck with the builtin keyboard if it isn't compatible with you.