cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change original Hard drive(Asus G73 SW )

exilegod
Level 7
Hey guys, i was wondering which SSDs would fit to replace the original C:\. And how would i go about doing that. At this point is it worth investing around 200$ for an SSD or shoudl i just save the 200$ and get a newlaptop/ computer

Im not tech saavy so any help would be appreciated

thanks alot guys!
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think general SSD are able to use, you can use asus recover utility to recover your C to new SSD driver.

indianacarnie
Level 8
Any standard 2.5 will "fit". Yes, changing to an SSD is the single most valuable upgrade you can do for your machine. Its very simple to do as far as physically changing them , just open your machine and change them. As far as installing a O.S. on it , its pretty simple too. I'm enclosing a couple of links to a step by step tutorial on how to do that. Having said THAT, you can usually find SSD "bundles" that come with software/hardware needed for that. I did it myself and saved a few bucks:)! I DEFINITELY suggest spending the money on it rather than a new lappy, depending on its otherwise general shape of course. You'll have a faster, smoother machine with any SSD but I will not recommend any particle brand. My M4 Crucial is and has been spectacular. The Samsung Pro series is the fastest out there now, pretty much, and has been getting good word of mouth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/149969-ssd-install-transfer-operating-system.html
G74Sx BBK-8 Crucial M4 128GB.SSD/W.D.500Gb.@7200 HHD 16GB. RAM Stock otherwise.

An End,even with Terror is better than Terror without End. F.Nietzsche