cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 8.1 , Recovery Disk for asus G75VX - BHI7N11 ?

hanster
Level 7
Hi everybody , I am trying to backup my system recovery ( The one that is in the hard drive partition ) , ASUS customer service told me that they do not sell recovery Cds , right now I have WINDOWS 8.1 , 64 bits , ( originally was Windows 8 ) is there any way I can make my recovery CDS ? IF so , how can i do it ?
so far I know I have to use a Usb flash drive , but I would like to use the old style 🙂 .
if there is not option for Cds , what usb flash drive brand would you recommend me ?
thank you
13 REPLIES 13

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think usb flash device need more 32GB space.

If you have a alternative Start Menu type File History in the search box. If you don't in the upper right cornet on the Charms Bar click Search and type in File History. When File History opens don't turn it on yet. Instead click on System Image Backup on the bottom left side. When it's done running you have your full system image. Now enable File History to back up your contacts, documents, downloads, music, pictures and videos. Any time you want to make a new system image, turn off File History first until the image is made.

brkkab123 wrote:
If you have a alternative Start Menu type File History in the search box. If you don't in the upper right cornet on the Charms Bar click Search and type in File History. When File History opens don't turn it on yet. Instead click on System Image Backup on the bottom left side. When it's done running you have your full system image. Now enable File History to back up your contacts, documents, downloads, music, pictures and videos. Any time you want to make a new system image, turn off File History first until the image is made.

thank you

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Sounds like there is more than 1 option available, but if you're interested and still have the original ASUS Win8 recovery partition, you can use the ASUS Backtracker software to back up the ASUS Factory image to a 16gb or larger USB drive as mentioned in this thread under the G750 section (it still applies for the G75VX sold with Win8):
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40548-Backing-up-your-ASUS-factory-Win8-Recovery-Partition&...

Doesn't sound like you have other data or programs to worry about yet, but back everything else separately if needed, or use other software to back up your entire hard drive image if you prefer.

thank you !

cl-Albert wrote:
Sounds like there is more than 1 option available, but if you're interested and still have the original ASUS Win8 recovery partition, you can use the ASUS Backtracker software to back up the ASUS Factory image to a 16gb or larger USB drive as mentioned in this thread under the G750 section (it still applies for the G75VX sold with Win8):
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40548-Backing-up-your-ASUS-factory-Win8-Recovery-Partition&...

Doesn't sound like you have other data or programs to worry about yet, but back everything else separately if needed, or use other software to back up your entire hard drive image if you prefer.

Thank you!

cl-Albert wrote:

ok , last question , how do I do the recovery with the usb flash drive ? I have the recovery system in the usb flash drive already , I did use the program Backtracker for the Backup , Thank you !

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
hanster wrote:
ok , last question , how do I do the recovery with the usb flash drive ? I have the recovery system in the usb flash drive already , I did use the program Backtracker for the Backup , Thank you !

You just want to boot to the USB drive which you can do in different ways.

It may be tough to catch the first time, but tap the 'ESC' key a couple times when you see the ROG logo at power up and wait for the boot menu to select your USB drive.
Otherwise, go into the bios and change the boot order.

Hope this helps!

cl-Albert wrote:
You just want to boot to the USB drive which you can do in different ways.

It may be tough to catch the first time, but tap the 'ESC' key a couple times when you see the ROG logo at power up and wait for the boot menu to select your USB drive.
Otherwise, go into the bios and change the boot order.

Hope this helps!

Thank you , I have checked the size of the file in the usb flash drive ( 32 GB ) and the total amount that was copy is around 9GB , and the recovery partition is about 20GB , am I missing some files in my flash drive ? I was hoping to image the whole system plus the recovery partition , is it normal ?