Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

Changelog;

R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 VBIOS update
    BIOS update to remove rare artifacting events during gaming, Please also update the Catalyst driver to 13.251 or above
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...-3GD5&p=9&s=10

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by d1versify View Post
    im getting some strange issues after i updated the bios... in youtube and facebook... how i restore it?
    facebook wont show the news feed and youtube is kinda buggy. god damn... how can i restore it?
    Hi there!

I have upgraded the BIOS of my asus R9 280X directCU II, 2 days ago and I'm experiencing strange behaviour of the PC since that. Has been already 2 times, I have turned on the PC and once get to windows I have opened the browser, winamp and the GPUtweak, none of them were working properly. Windows doesn't even want to reboot. I have had to manually reset the PC trough the case button, never happen before upgrading the BIOS of the graphic card. I'll wait some days more if this keep happening I'll try to downgrade to the first bios. Anyway it's incredible that they have made such a mess in realising one BIOS, and the worst thing is that we won't seen another update that fix this situation.

My configuration:

Asus sabertooth 990fx 2.0
    AMD FX-8320
    Asus R9 280X directCU II
    Windows 8.1 x64

ROG Member Array

today I have experience windows instability 3 times and at the end I have decided to downgrade the firmware to the previous version ( that's bad ), I have returned to the 0.15.039 not thanks to ASUS. Indeed I have had to use a custom tool ( AtiWinFlash ). It's incredible that ASUS has relaesed a BIOS to fix the artefact bug by introducing system instability, also the BIOS is still up on internet and can be downlaoded from everyone!!

New ROGer Array

I also downloaded the update to try and fix the artifacting:

R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 VBIOS update
    BIOS update to remove rare artifacting events during gaming, Please also update the Catalyst driver to 13.251 or above

The file within the .rar archive was a .exe with no attached instructions and I ran it thinking it would be a self extracting .exe. However it appears that it was the flash program itself and started running and flashed the BIOS of my r9 280x CUII Direct TOP 3GB. When I rebooted the card would not get past the POST and there was no video signal to my monitor.

Despite having onboard HD4000 graphics I can't get past the POST with the card installed even with default set to 'onboard' in the North Bridge settings of the UEFI BIOS on my ASROCK z68 Pro3 MATX MB. I have to take out the GPU card or unplug the power to the GPU card in order to boot.

Any suggestions anyone? Perhaps there is someone local to me in London who wouldn't mind re-flashing my card for me with ATIFLASH?

Thanks

New ROGer Array

BIOS FIX SOLUTION !?!?!

!If you damage your graphiccard with this then its your own problem!

Hey Guys,

at first sorry for my bad english. I think I got the solution for the Bios update problem.
    Many of (like I read it) got the error message when they want to flash the bios with exe of Asus.

Simple as clever I renamed the .exe to .rar - then copy the Files into an empty folder. Now start ATIWinflash.exe. >>> (As Administrator) <<<
    Now in german is a button "Bild Laden" in english "Picture load/ing" - Should mean "Load Rom".
    Press it and search for the .rom File -- I used 113-AD47800-100.rom.
    Then press the button "Programm". And now the Bios will get updated without an Error.
    Actually I got NO more (I hope I spell it correctly) ?flickering? problem. (I give it some more days/weeks) a try.

Also I think I now why the "normal" .exe wont work. There is a cfg file called ATIWinflash.cfg - In this file are wrong datas from the 9600 Radeon. Little bit outdated huh : o)

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Hanfplantage23; 02-09-2015 at 12:14 AM.

ROG Member Array SgtSixpack PC Specs
    SgtSixpack PC Specs
    MotherboardZ97X Gaming 5
    Processor4690K @4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)KHX2400C11D3/8GX
    Graphics Card #1EAH6850 Voltage Tweak
    Sound CardAsus Xonar DX
    MonitorBenQ GW2265
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 256Mb (In post)
    Storage #2HGST 4Tb HDN724040ALE6400
    CPU CoolerProlimatek Megahelim Rev b. Push/Pull 1500rpm Max Quiet
    CaseAntec P180
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Logitech G15, Wolfking (circular gaming KB)
    Mouse Gigabte G6900
    Headset Senheiser HD429
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Wiindows 7 SP1
    Network RouterNETGEAR WNDR3700 + CG3101D (VM Superhub)
    Accessory #1 Nice Adjustable Chair
    Accessory #2 Sandisk Extreme 32Gb USB 3.0
    Accessory #3 50/3MB Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by light380 View Post
    today I have experience windows instability 3 times and at the end I have decided to downgrade the firmware to the previous version ( that's bad ), I have returned to the 0.15.039 not thanks to ASUS. Indeed I have had to use a custom tool ( AtiWinFlash ). It's incredible that ASUS has relaesed a BIOS to fix the artefact bug by introducing system instability, also the BIOS is still up on internet and can be downlaoded from everyone!!
    Do you realise you need to reinstall the graphics drivers after upgrading the bios? At installation the drivers copies setting from the bios including clockspeeds so you must reinstall after you upgrade bios.

I too have artifacts, I'm trying hard to work around them. First I set the memory speed to 1300Mhz via bios edit. It works, then I added a G10 kraken + ramsinks. Sometimes I see artifacts but which require a reboot. I've tried a bios based off a 1500Mhz memory which I expected would be 1.5v memory voltage (as read from MSI afterburner) but it was still 1.6v. Even with alot of fans & memory quite well heatsinked I've encountered artifacts with the latest drivers. I assumed that a 1500Mhz memory speed would be 1500mV but that appears not to be the case at least on the bios I tried.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4