cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assist Fans On The Sabertooth Z87, Required ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
The 2 x assist fans on the Sabertooth Z87 are really loud, Are they really required or can I remove them and put the plastic covers back on ?

4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Have you looked in your BIOS to see if there is an option to change their speed?

I already have them on silent but they emit this horrible sound, The other fan speeds are standard, turbo and disabled.

curban422
Level 7
You have to leave them enabled. The assist fan profile 1 has to be set to fan off on both of the assist fans. This will keep them off while the pc is running. They will come on from time to time when the pc turns on or off. Also, when you open a program the fans will come on then they will go off.

Flegma
Level 10
Dicehunter wrote:
The 2 x assist fans on the Sabertooth Z87 are really loud, Are they really required or can I remove them and put the plastic covers back on ?

They really helps to cool down PCH and Vcore but they are loud! Especially when they spins at full speed. Unfortunately BIOS does not provide freedom to set these fans on quiet because isn't possible to set lowest speed under 60% or, simply, setting Q-Fan is not enough.

What you can do is:
Turn them off in BIOS (I don't recommend this if you have high ambient temperatures or you load your PC with heavy tasks)
Install and use AI Suite 3 (Thermal Radar) and set them like in this pictures

As you can see, I've set them to Auto Fan Stop and in 90% of time they are off
i5 4670K (no OC) on Sabertooth Z87, Asus GTX760 DC2OC, Corsair Vengeance 8GB @XMP 1600, Cooler Master M2 720W - Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
WD Blue 1TB (EZEX), WD Green 2TB (EARX)