cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, How to make a clean install ?

teh_tintin
Level 7
Hi everyone, like 4 months ago i copied my HDD to an SSD (maybe it well help you) and now i want to do a clean install because i saw on this forum that it eventually solve lots of problems. Sadly i don't know how to start because i can't find an ISO for my OEM windows, how did you guys deals with this ? I'd also like others tips for the clean install ! 🙂

PS: i'm french so sorry for the english and it's better if the ISO is multilingual ^^

Thanks by advance !
13 REPLIES 13

hozer
Level 7
Here is a video to help out bud

http://server205-30.live-servers.net/os/Asus-G750-Series/

Hope that helps!

erembee
Level 7
I am confused.
I do have a Win7 license, which I would like to use on my new G750JX. But I can't find the needed drivers.
Will the "Asus G750 Series Windows 7 64-Bit Driver Disk" provide me with all the necessary drivers?
I thought Asus didn't support Win7 on the newer laptops.

teh_tintin
Level 7
Thansk for the link but they made us pay for something we already have ? I am wrong ? I mean we already have a W8 license !

hozer
Level 7
Ok use Asus backtracker ( Google it ) to backup your recovery files with a USB 32 gig stick. Then go into the bios and goto the boot area and select the usb stick then reboot an it will boot off your usb stick and do a clean install.

Warning! :mad: If you have a 2nd drive installed you want to take it out cuz you will loose all your data and it will make 2 partitions on it. IMHO THAT IS REAL STUPID PROGRAMING!!. :mad: I know all of this cuz I just did it to my G750. Then after you have done your clean install then re install you 2nd hard drive. It's real nice to have your recovery software in a usb stick. 😉

Hope that helps!

teh_tintin
Level 7
Ok hozer, so if i do that it will really be a clean install ? I mean 0 asus software on the computer ?

hozer
Level 7
No!! The whole premise is to to a CLEAN INSTALL!! A Clean Install means it will install all the software on you computer that came with it. It will be as when you got it from Asus. If this is not what you want to do then I suggest you explain to us what your definition of a clean install means to you.

teh_tintin
Level 7
hum for me a clean install means that i got windows like when i install it on a new Hard drive, you get what i mean ? ^^

teh_tintin wrote:
hum for me a clean install means that i got windows like when i install it on a new Hard drive, you get what i mean ? ^^

A clean install of the Asus OEM Windows configuration is a restore from recovery - either from the original recovery partitions, or from an Asus Backtracker backup.

A clean install of anything is to go back to it's original installation configuration.

There is no reason to do a from scratch Windows install from Microsoft install media. We already have a tuned/configured installation by Asus. Asus did the work to put together a tuned configuration that matches the hardware - why waste time recreating their efforts?

You gain nothing by going back to Microsoft Windows install media + spending all that time finding and loading drivers and software to support the hardware in the G750. That would be a waste of time.

teh_tintin wrote:

that's what a clean install means! you're 100% right

that is, install the OS on a formatted SSD/HDD then install everything from a clean state
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers