cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Rate issues

cgsami18
Level 7
Just got the G75JW laptop, and updated the graphics card and everything, but I am still having frame rate issues when playing games I don't consider high-demanding. (Team Fortress 2)
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
cgsami18 wrote:
Just got the G75JW laptop, and updated the graphics card and everything, but I am still having frame rate issues when playing games I don't consider high-demanding. (Team Fortress 2)

Try turning off APM and AAM using quiethdd to rule out your drive doing sleep/head parrking for power saving - also go into your Power Plan (control panel) and for your current plan set the HD to not sleep 0 => Never.
http://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

You could also have background processing going on that new laptop, Windows Search Index sucks IO performance till it completes the first index - and keep sucking IO whenever it updates - I disable it.

There could also be anti-virus or other backgroud stuff, like background download (torrents for example).

Anything that can suck CPU and disk time away from the game will glitch it.

Until you move to an SSD, and stream content from an HD, you are always going to be susceptible to IO glitches...