ROG Member Array

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition Per Core Overclocking Question

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to overclock my 4930K CPU so that core-1 runs at 4GHz to speed up the Game AC4 since it mostly uses CPU core 1 at 100% and not very much on the other cores.

I set the AI tuner to "Manual" and then CPU Ratio to "Per Core." Then I set my cores as follows:

1 - 40
    2 - 39
    3 - 35
    4 - 35
    5 - 35
    6 - 35

Now; when I run AC4, Task Manager only shows the CPU at 3.5GHz. How do I know that core 1 is at 4GHz or not? Also, am I even doing this right?

I don't care that cores 3-6 are slower since AC4 doesn't use them and I don't want to have to up my Vcore by setting "sync all cores" to 4GHz on each core.

Thanks

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

What you could do is open CPUz and you can select which core CPUz reports.

RIght click on the texxt Clocks - next to it you will see Core#0 you can make your selection there.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    What you could do is open CPUz and you can select which core CPUz reports.

RIght click on the texxt Clocks - next to it you will see Core#0 you can make your selection there.
    Thanks, your suggestion got me on the right track to fix the problem. Originally I was trying to just overclock Core1 which AC4 rails at 100% usage. I found that Assassin's Creed 4 does not like more than 4 cores including hyperthreading. My i7 4930K has six-cores along with hyperthreading. So I disabled hyperthreading and set affinity to use only 4 cores and now the CPU usage is balanced among all 4 cores and no longer just rails the core1 @ 100% usage. If I enable even a fifth core, it goes back to railing Core 1 at 100%.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Cheers for that very elegant solution mate. I hope you post it up on the AC forums too.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Cheers for that very elegant solution mate. I hope you post it up on the AC forums too.
    Ahh, a good idea. I found an existing thread on the problem and posted it there on the Ubi forums.