cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLCK keeps going back to 80 instead of 100.5

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I had some problems with having 2 user setups on my new rig, and I did this thing and it screwed up my computer
by erasing most of my programs, and so I re-installed everything.
Now my asus suite 3 does not work like before and even in bios, I cant get the setting right.

I dont mind doing my overclocking in the suite 3, but now when I try to set my blck to 100.5
so that I can get 4422 total, it slides back and wont stay.

Optimization use to work, and now always goes to 42 instead of 44.

i7 4770K cpu under the 4 way optimization used to OC and tell me my percentage was up, now its
always just 000 instead of 22% or whatever it used to be.

When I try to do things in bios, it just wont except it and I dont really know what the heck
Im doing in there anyway, so that is why I am using the suite 3.

Corsair 650D case
Intel i7-4770K 3.5 OC'ed to 4.422
Asus Maximus VI Formula Motherboard
NVIDIA GTX 680 04g-p4-2686 4 gigs of mem
GSkill 2400 speed Ram, 16 Gigs
Corsair H100i cpu water cooler
Corsair 1050 watt PSU
Intel 520 series 120 gb SSD
Kingston Hyper 120gb SSD
WB Velociraptor 70 gb HD 10,000 rpm
Seagate 2tb hybrid ssd/reg Hard drive
Sony DVD read/write 40 speed
Logitech YUY-95 illuminated keyboard
Corsair M-60 mouse
Razor Nostromo mini keyboard
Creative Labs 7.1 T7700 speaker system
Cyber Power 850 AVR voltage regulator and power backup
Three Dell 24" monitors
TYKE 73B - Triple Monitor Stand Free Standing Curved Arm
OS= Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Ive updated all of the drivers and just cant figure this crap out, so Im hoping someone can walk me through
this Please !!!

Mike
189 REPLIES 189

Chino
Level 15
1. Uninstall AI Suite 3.
2. Clear your CMOS.
3. Load the optimized defaults in the BIOS.

That should put your system back at stock. Then you can redo your overclock.

Thank you so much, I will give that a try !!! I appreciate your help !

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
It did not work. The clear cmos button on the back of the computer light up green and then I hit the reset buttom, and to make sure I did it without the reset, and it erased all of my bios settings like no wifi no number lock light on and no bluetooth. I reset all that and did everything you mentioned and it still slides back to 80 for blck.

I used to be able to change things in suite 3 and it would except sync cores and from 39 to 44 and just the 100.5 would slip back to 80, now the computer shuts down when I try to do any of it. I dont get it, Ive re-installed everything and even tried to use an older suite 3
that came with MB. Nothing is putting it back the way it was, and when I did the "refresh" crap that got me into all of this trouble, it
erased all of my "Restore" points too ......

Nate152
Hi Mike, I would suggest uninstalling AI Suite and do your overclocking through the BIOS. After you make all your settings in the BIOS press F10 key , then Enter key, that will save your BIOS settings.

I tried to do it in the bios, and it just does not seem to work, as far as then going to suite 3 to see what my status is and its always
giving me the 3550 and not the 4222 that I used to always have it on. Driving me crazy. I uninstalled suite 3 and tried a lot of
different things. I just dont understand why asus suite 3 is not working like it used to.

Nate152
Go into BIOS, Set AI overclocker to manual. Then set base clock to 100. Set core ratio to desired overclock. Disable all the cpu C states and disable speedstep, that will keep your cpu at a constant speed and wont throttle down. Try that, see if your cpu is at constant speed and post back.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please see in the bios what the target speed is of your CPU at defaults. F5 in bios and enter.

If it is showing the correct amount then there is nothing wrong with your hardware. If it is not showing the correct frequency then the hardware is the cause.

Please do as Chino asked, remove AIsuite3 use the guide in my sig to get rid of all the left overs. DO NOT install it again.

I would even consider doing a full clean OS install.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
OK, I did a complete install of my entire OS and wiped all the hard drives and am starting from scratch.
I am having a hard time getting the blck to go up....I found the spot one other time and tried to change
it to 100.5 but cant find the same spot again. My 4770K is stock 4400 now, and I would like it 4422

Nate152
Im not sure if this is what you are referring to or not but, use the + and - keys to change your base clock.