cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Errors like B4/A2 and so on

RedGold
Level 7
Hello,

I'm having some troubles with my MAXMIUS VI Hero Mainboard.
When I'm trying to start my PC (configuration a little bit lower in this post), it won't show me anything on my screen (neither if it's connected via HDMI from the motherboard itself or DVI/HDMI from the GPU). Nothing like a boot screen, no UEFI or anything.
It shows me error Q-Codes like A2 or B4, which should mean something like my hard drives (one SSD and a HDD, right in this order, so the SSD is first and the HDD is second) aren't working or connected. But this cannot be true. I tried both switching the boot order and choosing other SATA cables, but it still shows me nothing. Everything should be correctly connected.
The Boot Device LED is showing up when I try to start the PC, but the HDD LED shows me that it is even writing/reading from the HDDs and hear them working.
They all are connected via SATAIII cables.
I don't know why my system isn't showing me anything at all, not only why the hard drive error message is appearing.
Oh yeah and I also already updated the BIOS Firmware, and that did work, so ~

Here is my system configuration:
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
CPU Fan: Alpenfoehn Brocken II (with one WingBoost 2)
Power Supply: be quiet! L7 730W
HDD1: Kingston HyperX3 120GB SSD (SATAIII)
HDD2: Western Digital HDD 3.0TB (SATAIII)
GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 290X
OD: Pioneer Blu-Ray Device (I actually don't remember the model name, sorry 😕 )
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600MhZ RAM (it is also in the Supporting-List for the mainboard)

I don't know why it isn't working at all, does somebody know an answer to my problem maybe? I would be very thankful for that 🙂

Thank you all and enjoy the rest of the day
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Would you please confirm that you are using a PC monitor and not a TV.

Has the system ever worked?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

RedGold
Level 7
I can confirm that I'm using a normal PC Monitor (BENQ RL2455HM).
I did also try to remove the GPU as for the CPU and the motherboard have each graphic cards built inside (or at least that's how I know it), but nothing changed.

No, it's a freshly built system, it never gave me any viewable thing to the screen, but everything else in the System itself is working fine.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you.

Do you have an installed OS?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

RedGold
Level 7
I don't. Like I said, it is newly built, so very clear I guess 😄
But is it really necessary to have a bootable device (like a HDD with a OS on it or an USB flashdrive with something bootable on it) inserted to get myself into the UEFI?

RedGold wrote:
I don't. Like I said, it is newly built, so very clear I guess 😄 Actually not as way to many folks use the older OS from their previous builds.
But is it really necessary to have a bootable device (like a HDD with a OS on it or an USB flashdrive with something bootable on it) inserted to get myself into the UEFI?

No it is not needed, but the flashing cursor is your system looking for the boot-able device.

If you want to get into BIOS you should be asked to enter F1 after a clear CMOS, does this not happen for you?