cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VI Hero C2 Q-code 00. System didn't boot up

Vasilis_07
Level 7
Hello

The system it's in use for about 2 months.Today didn't boot up and i have error code 00. Also i must mentioned that the 2 case fans that are connected directly in the motherboard did'nt work. I try to connect the rear case fan on the cpu opt and work. So the 3 pin fan connectors are dead.Do you have any idea how to solve the problem or the motherboard need RMA ?

The rest of the system

Corsair 750D
Intel i7 4770k
Corsair Hydro H110
Kingston Hyper X Beast 2*4GB 2400MHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Vapor-X
Samsung 830 256 GB
Corsair AX 760
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Hi Vasilis 07, Welcome to the ROG community. You have come to the best place on the internet for pc gaming help. Unfortunately it looks like you have a cpu problem, I would set up and RMA with intel as soon as possible.

Nate152
Hi Vasilis, Welcome to the ROG community, you have come to the best place for pc gaming help. Do you have the 8-pin cpu power plug plugged into the motherboard?

Vasilis_07
Level 7
Hello. Thanks. Unfortunately my first post here it's the worst post ever in a forum. I work with PC for about 15 years.It's the 6th system i build with ASUS motherboard and it's the first time i met something like that and in only 1,5-2 month of use :(.

The 8-pin cpu power it's correctly plug.As i had already said the system work for about 2 months and the last 3 weeks i hadn't changed anything.The only i had changed was the ROG effects. I had disabled for motherboards all of them (including LED, start-reset button).

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is either the CPU that is dead or the motherboard.

Best way of checking is finding a working CPU or a working motherboard and testing with your hardware.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
It is either the CPU that is dead or the motherboard.

Best way of checking is finding a working CPU or a working motherboard and testing with your hardware.

And that means to buy second mobo-cpu because my friends had older intel sockets or AMDs.

It's possible to make a clear CMOS ? Do you thing i will have any result if i do the followings steps

Remove all the hardware.
CPU everything just have the bare board.
Use the box it came in and put your motherboard on the box
Remove the battery
Press the power button for count of 5
Now press the CMOS Clear button on the IN/OUT panel for a slow count of 10
Leave your system over night or at least 12 hours.

Now put CPU back
One stick of ram in the slot the futherest away from the CPU
One graphic card
no Hdd
Mouse and Keyboard
Connect power to the VGA
Connect 12v to the motherboard (use both please)
Connect the 24 pin to the motherboard
Connect your PSU to the mains
Power on.

Vasilis_07
Level 7
After USB flash bios, all fan connectors working again. But the q-label 00 remain.Also it's red the CPU-LED.That means the problem is the 4770k ? Do you have eny experience from Intel RMA support ?. It's the first time i will need it.

Nate152
Yes you can try that. That is what HiVizMan would recommend you to do in a round about way.

Nate152 wrote:
Yes you can try that. That is what HiVizMan would recommend you to do in a round about way.

Well sadly not, to me it still looks like either his motherboard or CPU is dead. And I recognise that bit of text about the Clear CMOS. 😄

What the OP has to do is find out which of the two is dead.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Vasilis_07
Level 7
Back to my problem. One question , if the motherboard with out CPU start stuck or make first checks on the other parts RAM etc ?