cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will it work

dj5436
Level 7
so I am going to be building a new computer with the fx-8350 cpu, ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z,SeaSonic X-1250 1250W ,ASUS R9290X,rosewill thor v2 ,G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB , an if it will fit the cooler master V8 GTS
cpu cooler. so will this all work will the cpu cooler fit and is it a solid build what would you change 🙂
14 REPLIES 14

kkn
Level 14
i would see if the cooler dont collide whit the ram height.
mail either g-skills or cooler master or look at cooler master's spec on the cooler.
i dont have the cooler so i cant say for shure, but the rest looks good for me.

meankeys
Level 13
I ran a cool master V8 in an older rig and did not have a problem. At the time I was running corsair memory that did not have tall heat spreader. You may need to remove the upper heat spreader fins on the Trident X memory.

Looks like a nice build

Is this a gaming rig ? Why the FX 8350

Nate152
Hi dj5436, meankeys is correct. The heat spreaders on the G.Skill Trident X series RAM is removable just for that purpose, so you can use a big CPU cooler. It should fit just fine if you remove the heat spreaders.

welshy46
Level 7
If you haven't already bought one, you might want to read some reviews on it first. then go and buy a corsair h110 for the same price. admittedly the coolermaster looks good with it's big ass V8 design and red leds, but an all in one cooler is going to be a lot more effective cooling solution for the same price and a lot less hassle fitting it. don't take my word, http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_v8_gts/5.htm

if you already have the cooler then this might help

along with this.
http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/v8-gts.html
Board: MVIF
CPU: intel core i7 4770k@4.8GHz
GPU: R9 290x
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengence 2133MHz
SSD: ROG RAIDR 240gb PCI-e SSD
Case: Coolermaster HAF xb
Cooling: custom water loop
Monitor: Asus PB278Q

My build log photo dump

dj5436
Level 7
I was going to go with the v8 just because how good it would look in the build I never have liked the all in 1 cpu water coolers and I am not in a position to do a full water cooling. it would be yoused for gaming but there is no way I am going with intel and the fx-8350 is the one I like from amd

Antronman
Level 10
FX-8350? THAT sad puppy? Be a man and use an FX-9590. Frankly it is the only AMD CPU that can compete with intel CPUs.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

dj5436
Level 7
you wont to pay for it

Antronman
Level 10
Actually the 9370 is a mere 10USD more. So I don't know what you mean by that. 9590 is about 100USD more, yes. But I'm sure you can afford a 9370.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Be a man and use a 9590? that's cute. OP stick with the 8350, clock it to 5GHz and enjoy lower temps and lower TDP hitting 5GHz, you won't be any less of a man using it, considering a 9590 is just a higher clocked 8350 with a stupidly high TDP.