cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW charger...

Lucas_Cardoso
Level 7
the cable that comes out of the charger* of my G750jw is a bit loose, not like "in and out*movement " of the charger, like loose sideways. The rigid portion moves 1 mm. It seems little, but this is bothering me a bit. I wonder if this is normal or not. Thank you. sorry for my bad english
11 REPLIES 11

hmscott
Level 12
Are you talking about the end that sticks in the laptop, or the end that comes out of the charger? Mine is solid, the restraining plastic piece isn't moving. The molded plug that plugs in the laptop is solid. Also, it doesn't wiggle in the connector in the laptop. But, it isn't grabby solid - I have kicked it out before and it just slides out - which is a good thing.

If the cable connection coming out of the brick is the problem, you should request Asus send you a replacement and a shipper to send back yours - they should send you a replacement first so you aren't without a charger. You could make a short video or photo's to send Asus showing the problem.

hmscott wrote:
Are you talking about the end that sticks in the laptop, or the end that comes out of the charger? Mine is solid, the restraining plastic piece isn't moving. The molded plug that plugs in the laptop is solid. Also, it doesn't wiggle in the connector in the laptop. But, it isn't grabby solid - I have kicked it out before and it just slides out - which is a good thing.

If the cable connection coming out of the brick is the problem, you should request Asus send you a replacement and a shipper to send back yours - they should send you a replacement first so you aren't without a charger. You could make a short video or photo's to send Asus showing the problem.

I mean, the piece of plastic on the charger, the rubbery piece that is thicker than the wire, stuck in the charger.

Lucas Cardoso wrote:
I mean, the piece of plastic on the charger, the rubbery piece that is thicker than the wire, stuck in the charger.

I would get it replaced by Asus, it should be a tight fit to keep out moisture and dust and dirt.

hmscott wrote:
I would get it replaced by Asus, it should be a tight fit to keep out moisture and dust and dirt.

I have 2 more laptop charger that do the same thing, then I think its normal. Is your laptop the G750JW ? thanks bro

Lucas Cardoso wrote:
I have 2 more laptop charger that do the same thing, then I think its normal. Is your laptop the G750JW ? thanks bro

If you think it is normal, why did you open a new thread to ask if it is normal? 🙂

It isn't normal, at least not here in the US, I have only seen damaged adapters with loose fittings. All the other ones are tight and sealed.

hmscott wrote:
If you think it is normal, why did you open a new thread to ask if it is normal? 🙂

It isn't normal, at least not here in the US, I have only seen damaged adapters with loose fittings. All the other ones are tight and sealed.

I just saw it. Do u have the G750JW?

hmscott wrote:

Lucas Cardoso wrote:

Currently I have a G750JH, I also had a JW and a JX, one at a time 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Currently I have a G750JH, I also had a JW and a JX, one at a time 🙂

this is the thing that seems a little loose