cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Driver Crashes

Geotan
Level 7
Recently I updated my VBIOS through GPU Tweak. Ever since I have been experiencing driver crashes when closing 3D games (BF4, DayZ Standalone (Alpha), LEGO Lord of the Rings). I recently got a new mouse and keyboard, and from what I can remember the crashes started happening after I got them setup (possible coincidence). I got a Razer Taipan and BlackWidow and installed Razer Synapse 2.0. I am using the 331.82 driver version on a GTX 770 factory OC from ASUS. Help appreciated! I'm not sure if it is the VBIOS or software or driver problems or what.
3 REPLIES 3

abvolt
Level 11
you should flash back and test over.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

I think I've got the right VBIOS version to revert it, but I'm not sure. I used GPU Tweak to update it. I installed the PCI Simple Communications driver last night, and although it never seemed to cause problems without drivers, we will have to see. The crashes are uncommon, not rare nor common. I've had this card for a month now after having to get an RMA, and never had this problem before.

Geotan
Level 7
Installing PCI Simple Communications driver didn't work. How do I go about reverting back to an older VBIOS? Would it be possible that when I updated the VBIOS it didn't install properly?

I got a Windows error log from the Event Viewer, here's what it said: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice. I don't know what this means.

My VBIOS version is 80.04.C3.00.AS07