cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW After installing the SSD and all the ASUS drivers, my wireless is very SLOOOOW!

spanishflyer
Level 7
Hi once more and Merry Christmas to everyone!

My laptop s now top notch with regards to performance and have managed to get all my programs back and running; I get a Windows rate of 7.4 being 7.9 the maximum; The SSD of course rates at 7.9, but now it is my NVIDIA graphics card that lowers the average performance rating. With 16 GB DDRAM I have more than enough for the use I give to my laptop.

Still, there is always a but and in this case it is my wireless connection, that for some reason is as slow as it has ever been with any of my previous computers; it is so bad that even holding my phone in the same place as the G75, it can access any website I chose almost immediately, while on my laptop I get a "sorry, could not open so and so page..." I know it is something to do with my wireless configuration/drivers since I restored my laptop, because with a much slower laptop and in the same place, it works just fine. The bar chart shown on my screen has the maximum 5 bars, so the wireless network is at full strength.

At first I thought it was Christmas and that Internet was overloaded, but when I realized that I could reach any website or my email on my phone straight away and using the same wireless net, I understood that I had something wrongly configured or wrong drivers for my wireless internal card.

I don't know where to start, so any help will be much appreciated...

Best regards,

Spanish Flyer
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Uninstall the wifi drivers and reinstall, make sure you have the correct ones for your notebook VW or VX have different cards, VW have 2 different cards. Win 7, Win 8 and win 8.1 all have different drivers
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

rewben
Level 13
try these first:
1. determine the wifi adapter from device manager;
2. uninstall, reboot, and install the latest driver from asus website (or the latest compatible from the original manufacturer);
3. determine from the device manager that there is no exclamation mark beside the wifi adapter;
4. at the power management tab, uncheck the option that let computer to turn the wifi adapter off to save power;
5. check your power plan and select high performance plan.

the problem should be fixed by now.

spanishflyer
Level 7
Thanks a lot guys,

I just uninstalled the drivers, (Atheros aR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter), installed the latest, just from ASUStek and VOILA!!

So thanks a lot for your help; by the way, I also unchecked the option to turn off the wi fi adapter... in any case I always run with the mains on...

The best for you in this 2014 😉

Spanish Flyer

rewben
Level 13
great. same to you 🙂