cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Restore File Lost Anyway to get it back?

SmashingFalcon
Level 7
I'm the proud owner of an Asus ROG G750JX.
For some time i had alot of problems with games because of the pre-installed Windows 8 OS.
Now i like Windows 8 in some ways, but apparently it's not good for gaming (Installing it on a Gaming PC seems useless).

So i had a friend help me install Windows 7 after alot of attempt and fails, it seems it's almost impossible to install Windows 7
the usual way (from a DVD) with Windows 8 already installed.

So my friend took the Harddesk out and deleted everything on it, meaning the Restore File was also deleted.
Since this was my first experience with Windows 8, i wasn't aware that the Restore File was the essential file needed to
reintall Windows 8.

I quickly realised that Windows 7 didn't work well on this Laptop with Drivers and all, so i wanted to switch back to Windows 8
But since the Restore file wasn't there, i couldn't.

So my question is, is there a way to get the restore file back? Or can Asus/ROG provide a new copy of Windows 8?

Sorry for the long explanation, but i expect people wants a little knowledge behind my question. 🙂
1 REPLY 1

DrPhill94
Level 7
Yeah I would like to know this as well, I want to put my windows 8 from my JW onto a new ssd but I don't know how to do that while retaining the genuine copy. Is the key tied to my motherboard/cpu so I can install 8 or 8.1 with no problems or is there a specific process to follow? I can't use the data migration software that came with my 840 evo because it gets stuck searching my libraries, as I have less than 100 gb left of a 1 tb hard drive