6 REPLIES 6

Nehmia
Level 9
http://tinyurl.com/oamaxqo
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Avoid the previous link, because that is no vendor- its most likely some sort of malware. Finding windows 7 drivers is a matter of visiting the specific hardware vendor for each part of the laptop, and retrieving a correct windows 7 driver. Ive seen this notebook for sale with windows 7 installed, so they are out there- I used to do this for a living, and here is how I would find the drivers for ANY random laptop-

Oh, and if the G750 is your only internet access, then you are going to want to go and fetch either the LAN or wireless driver, whichever you use, before you begin... so that you have a way to download the other things. I usually do this and chipset drivers before I start, because then I can connect the machine Im working on directly to the internet and install drivers to it directly.

First, install windows 7 on the G750, knowing it's going to be missing some things- it's possible that windows will find some of it at windows update automatically, so doing this tells you what is left to go and find.

Next, figure out what chipset you have- the device manager is a place to start. Go to intel, get the right chipset driver. download and install.

next, video: That's easy, you have a GeForce from nVidia- either a 765M, 770M, or 780M, depending on which G750 you have- what's cool is, nVidia makes a downloader for all 700m series chipsets- get that, run it, and it will fetch your best driver. Asus drivers are RIDICULOUSLY old, so skip Asus support for video drivers entirely- some games (battlefield 4, for example) will insist that you update the most modern driver asus has for your video card, so dont waste your time.

Next is- well, whatever you need- chances are, you will need an intel storage driver, some networking drivers, a driver for the touchpad, and, depending on your hard disk configuration, you may need a RAID driver to even install windows.

A really good free tool for figuring out what is under the hood (as well as which windows updates have been installed, and also the key numbers for certain common software licenses) is Belarc Advisor. It was literally the first program I installed here on mine... Make sure you get it from the company that makes it, which any search engine can help you find with ease.

Good luck-

Brenderick wrote:
Avoid the previous link, because that is no vendor- its most likely some sort of malware.

What is your basis for this statement?

wrangler wrote:
What is your basis for this statement?

he has no basis he's simply a muppet
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Maxter
Level 9
If you search within this forum, there is a post from some dude that found all drivers and listed them in his post. His setup works perfect.

cosmicmango
Level 10
Speezy wrote:
So where i can get windows 7 64 bit drivers to my asus g750jh

All of the Windows 8 drivers for the G750JH are compatible with Windows 7 except for USB 3.0 driver.
You can find all the drivers from the links below:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JH&p=3&s=521&os=41&hashedid=hadqiWUmqVj4iNX...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21129
G752VY-DH72