cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROGer Asking for Help - G75VW-RS72 - MarshallR, I'm a fan

Aaydin
Level 7
Hey guys

I'm a brand new ROGer, eager to finally join the family. MarshallR@Asus, if you're out there and don't mind helping out a new voice, I'd appreciate it - I've been a fan of your non-partial style of honestly and helpfully answering comments.

I just got a G75VW-RS72, and everything works great - I can't use it.

I can't return it because it was on a "last one" sale.

I'm coming from my old Dell XPS L501 I've had some very good years with - but she's starting to fade fast, and the demands of video/visual editing, processing, etc. are literally burning her up.

The trouble is that I can't look at the new G75VW screen for more than 20-30 minutes without getting really dizzy, and walking away feels like vertigo.
I'm not even playing games, youtube or movies.
I've been able to work 10 hours on my Dell, and as a roller coaster, sports and high-reflex game enthusiast, I'm rarely sickened like this.

I really do need the screen clarity and comfort - working with 3D models, movies, digital art and photography, the screen isn't a luxury.

I've spent the past four hours working through screen-visual adjustments, driver updates, the Nvidia control panel as well as the default Windows control, but something about the color, contrast, or something is making me sick.
There's no AI Factory image to try a factory reformat available.

Could it be the difference between a Matte and a Glossy screen?

Both my Dell XPS and the new Asus G75VW are 1920 x1080 set at native resolution, etc. etc.

What hardware information do you guys need to help?

Thanks! Have a Happy New Year
-Aaydin
4 REPLIES 4

CuriouS
Level 7
Maybe your screen has the accursed screen flickering a lot of G75s have. Have you noticed any wavy movements across your screen on darker backgrounds?

Thanks for answering CuriouS
- If it does, know a way to fix it?

CuriouS
Level 7
I fixed mine following the steps in this post, using 67 Hertz as the custom refresh rate. NVCP = Nvidia Control Panel and CRU = Custom Resolution Utility (you can get it from here)

Cool - I didn't know the G75 could exceed its max listed refresh rate, thanks, I'll give this a try