New ROGer Array

G74sx Ac Adapter

I have a G74sx and my power cord went bad(I believe has a short, there a crimp on the cable). So I order the exact game model of cable and it came in the mail and connector is L shaped and not straight. It powers it for awhile then if I move the laptop it will stop and I have to jiggle it to get it to charge again, its getting really annoying. I have see on the estore the wattage is 180W but my adapter is 150W (Watts Amps x Volts) ( 7.7A x 19.5v 150.15 watts). My pin on the motherboard is perfect fine (it doesnt budge when gently attempt to move so see if it was that). I have used compressed air to make sure not obstructions and doesn't appear to the be the case. Both has Asus name on them. Anyone know of a working adapter that I don't have to "jiggle" to get to work that isn't super expensive. I don't mind paying less that 75 for one as long as it works, any advise to help would be appreciated.

Smeggin' ell! Array indianacarnie's Avatar

I would RMA the new cord and get one of the correct wattage.
    G74Sx BBK-8 Crucial M4 128GB.SSD/W.D.500Gb.@7200 HHD 16GB. RAM Stock otherwise.

An End,even with Terror is better than Terror without End. F.Nietzsche

New ROGer Array

sorry not familiar with the term RMA? Also the original power cord is also 150 watts which do I believe it is the correct wattage
    Last edited by vincentcloud; 01-01-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Smeggin' ell! Array indianacarnie's Avatar

RMA means return it to the manufacturer/retailer you bought it from. I'm sorry I must have misread your earlier. Thought you said 180w. I would still return it and see if the new one works better.
    G74Sx BBK-8 Crucial M4 128GB.SSD/W.D.500Gb.@7200 HHD 16GB. RAM Stock otherwise.

An End,even with Terror is better than Terror without End. F.Nietzsche

New ROGer Array

i suggest you contact with asus service center and send your laptop ans adapter to there, not sure is adapter or mb damage.