Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    47

    Optimizer recognizes ssds as hard disk drive after 8.1 upgrade

    Upgraded to 8.1 and my optimizer doesn't recognize ssd raid. What do?
    G750JH-DB71
    i7 4700HQ
    32GB RAM HYNIX
    GTX 7800M
    2X128 SSD RAID 0
    256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by khmergod View Post
    Upgraded to 8.1 and my optimizer doesn't recognize ssd raid. What do?
    Start a cmd shell as Administrator:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>winsat disk
    Windows System Assessment Tool
    > Running: Feature Enumeration ''
    > Run Time 00:00:00.00
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-ran -read -n 1'
    > Run Time 00:00:00.19
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-seq -read -n 1'
    > Run Time 00:00:02.67
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-seq -write -drive C:'
    > Run Time 00:00:02.39
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-flush -drive C: -seq'
    > Run Time 00:00:00.97
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-flush -drive C: -ran'
    > Run Time 00:00:01.03
    > Disk Random 16.0 Read 264.56 MB/s 8.0
    > Disk Sequential 64.0 Read 876.00 MB/s 8.4
    > Disk Sequential 64.0 Write 460.86 MB/s 8.1
    > Average Read Time with Sequential Writes 0.419 ms 8.2
    > Latency: 95th Percentile 2.081 ms 7.6
    > Latency: Maximum 15.499 ms 7.9
    > Average Read Time with Random Writes 0.382 ms 8.7
    > Total Run Time 00:00:07.63

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    Then try optimizer again
    Last edited by hmscott; 01-01-2014 at 04:34 AM.

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Start a cmd shell as Administrator:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>winsat disk
    Windows System Assessment Tool
    > Running: Feature Enumeration ''
    > Run Time 00:00:00.00
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-ran -read -n 1'
    > Run Time 00:00:00.19
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-seq -read -n 1'
    > Run Time 00:00:02.67
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-seq -write -drive C:'
    > Run Time 00:00:02.39
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-flush -drive C: -seq'
    > Run Time 00:00:00.97
    > Running: Storage Assessment '-flush -drive C: -ran'
    > Run Time 00:00:01.03
    > Disk Random 16.0 Read 264.56 MB/s 8.0
    > Disk Sequential 64.0 Read 876.00 MB/s 8.4
    > Disk Sequential 64.0 Write 460.86 MB/s 8.1
    > Average Read Time with Sequential Writes 0.419 ms 8.2
    > Latency: 95th Percentile 2.081 ms 7.6
    > Latency: Maximum 15.499 ms 7.9
    > Average Read Time with Random Writes 0.382 ms 8.7
    > Total Run Time 00:00:07.63

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    Then try optimizer again
    thanks bro. that worked pretty well. except my recovery partion can not be optimized anymore, but everything else is good.
    G750JH-DB71
    i7 4700HQ
    32GB RAM HYNIX
    GTX 7800M
    2X128 SSD RAID 0
    256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Glad it work, don't know why, it was found accidentally by someone at some point, and passed on since. You would think there would be an actual command directed at setting the state, but so far noone has reported one.

    The recovery partition shouldn't need optimization, unless you are participating in OS Recovery Competitions

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Glad it work, don't know why, it was found accidentally by someone at some point, and passed on since. You would think there would be an actual command directed at setting the state, but so far noone has reported one.

    The recovery partition shouldn't need optimization, unless you are participating in OS Recovery Competitions
    lol ok ok. It's just that i'm very anal about everything. All of my partitions except the recovery one is "optimized since date xx/xx/xxxx. They are all the same except that recovery partition drive that won't "optimize". Not a big deal. I appreciate your help as always.
    G750JH-DB71
    i7 4700HQ
    32GB RAM HYNIX
    GTX 7800M
    2X128 SSD RAID 0
    256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •