cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE BL UEFI bios

NeedCoffee
Level 7
Has anyone attempted to flash the RIVE BL bios on the RIVE? Are we even allowed to talk about something like that?

The black edition had the newer x87 bios with the ram disk and secure erase. Just wondered if it was possible or anyone attempted it.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme * i7 3820 @4.7 GHz (on air) * Thermalright Ultra-120 extreme (push/pull) * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133 * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * PC Power & Cooling 860 * Samsung 840 250GB SSD * x2 Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You are of course allowed to talk about it....I'm sure it will give the BIOS engineers a giggle 😉

Different boards different BIOSes...you wouldn't be able to flash them on each other..and there'd be no point...The components on the board are not the same...

NeedCoffee
Level 7
😞 ok, thanks for the response.

I mainly wanted the secure erase. I cant seem to find decent secure erase software. I don't actually need it right now bit it seems like something all SSD owners will need at some point or another.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme * i7 3820 @4.7 GHz (on air) * Thermalright Ultra-120 extreme (push/pull) * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133 * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * PC Power & Cooling 860 * Samsung 840 250GB SSD * x2 Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Who makes your SSD? Most SSD manufacturers should have some tool kit or other to perform a secure erase...

The thing is I'm sure the secure erase function will be from a piece of hardware i.e. a chip on the RIVBE not just some software in the BIOS image if you see what I mean. The BIOS, I would imagine, manages the hardware...

have you had a look at parted magic? https://partedmagic.com/

NeedCoffee
Level 7
I have 2 ssd's ones a samsung 840, the other is a mushkin. neither have any kind of download that i saw.

partited magic seems like a good deal at 5$. thanks for the help. 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Parted is free by the way.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.