cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low fps while playing games [G750J]

Daspower
Level 7
Hello!

I've had some difficulties when playing some games after I purchased this new computer.
The fps is always low even tho I play on high performance.
When I play CS:GO with 1920x1080 and everything on low I get 30 fps, so I have to play with 1600x900 to make it playable, it lands on around 50-60 fps.

Using windows 8.1. My graphic card driver is updated to 331.82 (Gtx 770m 3GB).

I have no idea what to do! WIth this computer I'm supposed to play the new games on high. Please help a noob out.
23 REPLIES 23

Pitcher1
Level 9
what is your model? JX, JW,JH? where is you driver from? asus website or vander website?

eojlin
Level 7
If his machine has "Gtx 770m 3GB", he probably has a G750JX, and the driver's probably fine.

@Daspower, I assume that you are aware that you have to be power plugged-in and not running game titles on laptop batteries - running on batteries will step down your machine to be power friendly. If this is the case and you're still getting low frame rates then, I am lost.

My model is G750JX, sorry for that. And I'm aware that I need the computer to be plugged in, anyways I made a little improvement by switching from Power4gear high performance to the regulare HIgh performance but still it's laggy, if I play cs:go witheverything on high I get almost 25fps, how much fps should I land on?
Pitcher I downloaded the graphic card drivers from NvidiaGeForce Experience program.
I use windows 8.1, in case that could be the problem.

Daspower
Level 7
My CPU lands on 3,29 GHz when cs:go is running

getjohnalive
Level 7
man, the GTX770M is a fast gpu...and it should play cs:go on High or Ultra setting, don't know why this game is slow for you on High setting.
I am playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra setting and Sleeping dogs on High setting with G750JX and Power4gear High Performance. no issue so far. all you need is to always run games on AC power and High Performance power settings. . not on battery. on battery games will be slow.

Daspower
Level 7
When I bought the computer it was out in the store as a exhibition object. can it be any special settings that might make the computer slower?

I think they should not give an exhibition object. you should have got a real G750JX laptop. not an exhibition. there is no other special settings that makes the computer slower. but it should be slower when running games on battery power. and you should try to install the latest NVidia Graphic Driver. if it still slower for you, you can bring it back to the store where you purchased it, or Contact ASUS Support Service.

sasuke256
Level 7
windows power management settings ?
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

Daspower
Level 7
It was the last one in the store, got a great amount of discount on it.