cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Black memory probleme or cpu probleme

BloodyLunatic
Level 7
Hi.
I got a new problem after 3 week of use ...after a mem test of over 5 hours with no error in memtest but when I boot my pc it only show only half
of my 64 GB
[RipjawsZ] F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD at XPM setting 2400 MHZ before it working fine...
Now in the bios I got the Q code 34 and the device led stay red.
I had trying to find witch memory is bad by removing my memory dim but it not a specific memory dim problem the prob begin only when I use the dim slot A2 and C2 .
I had made a bios flash but noting change.
My cpu is a intel i7-4960X
Xpm profile and manual mode don't work at 2400MHZ but I can boot with no error and 64GB of memory at manual setting
2133 MHZ 9-11-11-31-N2 at 1.6v.
now I think the problem is the cpu memory controller or the motherboard.
Can you help me with this please ?
7 REPLIES 7

Deceiver
Level 10
Of course this is a problem of the motherboard - you can swap memory modules, replace the power supply, CPU, cable, and even monitor, then you will advise a lot of things - Asus hides what new product significantly flawed.

finally I find the bad stick of memory but with 8x8GB is harder too find the bad one.
whit 1 memory stick no one fail.
with 2 memory sticks no one fail.
But with 4memory sticks one of them fail every time I use it.

BloodyLunatic wrote:
finally I find the bad stick of memory but with 8x8GB is harder too find the bad one.
whit 1 memory stick no one fail.
with 2 memory sticks no one fail.
But with 4memory sticks one of them fail every time I use it.

I think so too - but when i put ram module in another board - i had no problem with it..

Baalberith_NL
Level 10
I dont think the OP is being helped with your answer Deceiver. Maybe put your Obvious greeve towards something positive and start helping the guy?
AMD 5900X
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
64GB G. Skill 3600Mhz C16
Cooler Master Master Liquid PL360 Flux
Be Quiet Dark Power 12 Pro 1500Watt
2 x Samsung 980Pro 1TB
1 x 10TB WD Black
1 x Asus Strix RTX 3080Ti OC
CoolerMaster C700M
Samsung G7 Odyssey 32inch

DooRules
Level 10
Did you try the mem ok button on the mobo to see if it could give you a stable mem profile to boot with ?
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you please follow the memtest86+ guide as per my sig. Try and do all the steps in the correct sequence please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Whit xpm at 2400MHZ with memory in all memory slot windows show only 32GB of memory in memtest at 2400MHZ show only 32GB of memory.
Now I got a second kit of 64GB 2400 and I got the same problem with the memory at XPM 2400MHZ if I use 48GB of memory at 2400MHZ no error but if I use the Dim-A2 and Dim-C2 I saw only 32GB of memory.
at default speed 64GB of memory.
Now I try to RMA the motherboard with NCIX but I am not sure if the RMA will be approved .
Also I know the memory controller is now in the cpu so I am not sure if it the motherboard or the cpu the only thing I know is the system had
worked at XPM 2400MHZ wit 64GB for around a mount if a new motherboard don't change the situation I will have to pay for a new cpu and spend 2 time the price for a single pc.
This is the fist time I got this kind of problems with a pc ....my old built pc was Asus A8N32 -SLI ,Asus Striker , Asus Striker II ,Supermicro X8DA3 , now I regret my choice of Motherboard a pc for gaming whit oc capability sound good but a work station is a more secure choice.
I will post update later if I got RMA from the dealer and if I find the problem.
to get a pc that work fine