cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH light bleed issues - normal?

Shatner__s_hair
Level 7
Just bought this. I can clearly see light bleed on edges of screen in desktop mode, using the asus laptop photo background, particularly the right edge. When screen is dark or black, there is a row of alternating bleeds: purple, yellow, purple, yellow. Each is about an inch long, going all the way down the side of the screen. It is not so obvious on direct view but if I move four inches to the left or look at the screen from a higher angle, it it quite pronounced. The left edge does not have this bleeding problem at all. I can squeeze the edge of the bezel and see that it moves, but it never goes away.

I find this very disappointing considering how much money I paid for this. My wife's $850 acer screen looks way better than this Asus rog.

I can't imagine this light bleed being normal. I have not read anyone else having this problem though. Should I take it back for a replacement or is this normal for this model? I really don't see it in a regular browsing window because the scroll bar on right edge covers the bleeding areas, but I know it is there.

Great laptop otherwise, but still nowhere near the quality of my ipad screen for reading text. I got it for games, so not a big deal, but for $2400, I didn't expect an $850 ips acer v7 aspire (1920x1080) to have such a better screen.
38 REPLIES 38

Pitcher1
Level 9
please send to service center to check it, or you can post photo?

Shatner__s_hair
Level 7
these were taken at night with a dslr. the photo with screen is high iso, and was actually black.

Shatner__s_hair
Level 7
two photos show white screen, but are actually black. that was high iso. would you find this bleed acceptable? Does anyone owning this model have light bleed? for some reason. these photos came out sideways. the bleed is on right edge of screen.

reka121402
Level 7
If look downward into the gap between the screen and the plastic frame I can see the white LEDs in those areas, but I personally have no color bleed like you do on my JX.

What you showed in the pics is (in my opinion) unacceptable for today's QC on LED displays, both monitors and tvs. I would send it in for replacement if it were me.

Edit: Also, to compare this screen to an Apple Retina screen isn't really fair. 1080p v. 1440p. Matte v. Glossy. The Retina is a fantastic display, easily the best mass produced screen out there.

I agree this is unacceptable. I will be returning it to future shop tonight and they will mail me a new one, probably next week. . Hopefully, the replacement is good. Since I can't seem to find any complaints about the g750 in regards to backlight bleeding, this is probably a rare dud. Thanks for the input.

Yes, I am spoiled by my ipad screen!

Got my second 750JH delivered today. Just as bad as the first. 😮 Exact same backlight bleed issues on the right side of the screen. At least this time I was able to see the problem immediately on booting it up before even doing any installation or updates. I think that's it for me and Asus. Taking it back to future shop and getting a full refund. I am not going through this a third time. It's a shame too because I really like the laptop. Maybe best buy problems are also future shop problems with this model. I'll have to look at an alternative laptop brand or just build a new PC.

Shatner\'s hairpiece wrote:
Got my second 750JH delivered today. Just as bad as the first. 😮 Exact same backlight bleed issues on the right side of the screen. At least this time I was able to see the problem immediately on booting it up before even doing any installation or updates. I think that's it for me and Asus. Taking it back to future shop and getting a full refund. I am not going through this a third time. It's a shame too because I really like the laptop. Maybe best buy problems are also future shop problems with this model. I'll have to look at an alternative laptop brand or just build a new PC.

man i have same issue... and its my 3d laptop... i do really like the laptop but this backlight bleed is really annoying... i don't know what to do

The G750JW/JX have a normally bright display, running it at 90%+ is ok.

The JH AUO (matte) display puts out too much light at 90%+, the whites bloom at that setting. I run at about 70%, more than bright enough - and running at 70% (or even 50%) might get rid of the most offensive bleed you are seeing.

Give it a try and let us know how that works for you. It might take a little while to re-adjust to 70%, but it is more than bright enough indoors - sometimes I drop lower.

I don't reduce the brightness to get rid of bleed, it is just too bright for me, and I normally like the display up around 95-100% - bright.

There is usually a transition point below which the bleed will drop away. On my TV the bleed starts to show at 53% brightness - the bleed goes away at 52% - one click up and it comes back.

You might try playing with the brightness/contrast to see if you can find a transition point on your G750 display that cuts out most or all of the bleed.

hmscott wrote:
The G750JW/JX have a normally bright display, running it at 90%+ is ok.

The JH AUO (matte) display puts out too much light at 90%+, the whites bloom at that setting. I run at about 70%, more than bright enough - and running at 70% (or even 50%) might get rid of the most offensive bleed you are seeing.

Give it a try and let us know how that works for you. It might take a little while to re-adjust to 70%, but it is more than bright enough indoors - sometimes I drop lower.

I don't reduce the brightness to get rid of bleed, it is just too bright for me, and I normally like the display up around 95-100% - bright.

There is usually a transition point below which the bleed will drop away. On my TV the bleed starts to show at 53% brightness - the bleed goes away at 52% - one click up and it comes back.

You might try playing with the brightness/contrast to see if you can find a transition point on your G750 display that cuts out most or all of the bleed.

So you have this issue too?
I will try to play with brightness later and let you know.
Thank you