cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 4702

RickROG
Level 11
here:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=42&m=Rampage IV Extreme&os=41&ft=3&f_name=Rampage-IV-Extreme-ASUS-4702.zip#Rampage-IV-Extreme-ASUS-4702.zip
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"
19 REPLIES 19

FireRx
Level 11
would be nice to know what exactly was updated in the new bios other than System stability.:confused:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
This isn't an entirely direct quote from Nodens. I cannot recall the thread he posted on recently, but the info goes like this. The reason ASUS doesn't give out anything more than the vague "improve system stability" line just about every update, is due to there being a Patent on the BIOS, thus, info cannot be shared on what changes have been made from one BIOS revision to the next.

FireRx
Level 11
Thanks SilentShadows,

I think I'll give this one a wait and see other folks results. :cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15

RickROG
Level 11
Man, still cannot enter RAID configuration using cntrl>I; that's two different keyboards. What is the problem with this....just drives me up the wall. Anyways, the clock speeds are reported correctly now in the OS.

Here we go
Nodens wrote:
Regarding UEFI/BIOS changelogs. Heh most of them say improved system stability because there are patents etc that prevent complete listing of a proper changelog. ASUS is notorious for "Improved system stability" changelogs. And before you ask about it, several people have petitioned for more detailed changelogs in the past (including myself) but the only thing we managed, is to get an extra line or two on the changelogs where possible instead of plain "Improved System Stabilty". For this reason I usually do inspection of the firmware images myself for the RIVE boards and share any identifiable components or rough estimation of EFI modules changed.:) Still I'd take this any day (having to inspect and taking the time to share with the community) if the alternative is full changelogs for crappy firmware (which seems to be the case imo).

FireRx
Level 11
Confirm, CPU Real time Clock id finally fixed in Windows, YAY! Voltages and Whatnot is pretty much the same as 4701's :cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

BIOS is working fine. If you have a SB-E CPU, manually adjust the Long/Short Duration Power Limit to avoid Turbo Downclocking.

Raƒa wrote:
BIOS is working fine. If you have a SB-E CPU, manually adjust the Long/Short Duration Power Limit to avoid Turbo Downclocking.

I think this is fixed...no?