cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! PCI-E @ 8X GEN3. HASWELL+M6i+GTX780ti built.

Exalix
Level 7
Should be 16x GEN 3. What is wrong?

Well, I'll let the images say the word.
29 REPLIES 29

HiVizMan
Level 40
Try setting to Gen3 in the bios please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Anyone out there with a Maximus VI Impact who's willing to check their PCI-EX16_1 setting in BIOS. As you can see above on the BIOS screenie, it says 8X on mine, and should be 16x with my Geforce GTX 7xx card.

Right? Or am I totally mistaken here?

oops, double post, sorry

Exalix
Level 7
As you can see from the GPU-Z screenie, its running Gen. 3.0 (x8 3.0) In bios its set to Auto, but I tried setting it to Gen 3 manually. Same result. 8x. not 16x

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have and I will.

Could you confirm that you have selected the little question mark and run the bandwidth test? Just wondering if your card is powering down due to being close to idle.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jh30uk
Level 11
Power saving mode should make it PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ 16 1.1 not 8 3.0, since you seem to be using correct slot change it from auto to Gen 3 in Bios.

Barefooter
Level 7
I started this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?42094-1st-PCIe-slot-is-stuck-at-x4-native-no-matter-what&co... because I am having a similar issue with my first PCIe slot running at half the speed it is supposed to, except I have cross fire. My first slot runs at X4 when it should be X8 with a second gpu. I hope there is a bios update that fixes this because I really don't want to have to hassle with a RMA.

Exalix
Level 7
HiVizMan: Yes, I did the render test in GPU-Z while taking the screenie.
jh30uk: I forced GEN3 in bios. Still 8X after reboot.

This is really weird. Did you check your bios, HiVizMan?

The PCIEX16_1 slot on IMPACT is obviously the one and only PCI-E slot, and should be 16x no matter what. In bios it looks like its forced to be 8X only.

Maybe the SupremeFX and WiFi/Blutooth/NGFF cards are taking some PCI-E lanes from the PCIE16x_1 slot??

I sincerely don't hope so, since my main decision for puchasing this mobo was because of the headphone amp, ( doesn't work as intended yet due to driver f... ups) but thats another matter.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip checked bios.

Could you try without those PCie cards please.