Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I tried resetting CMOS but no joy.

If it helps, I am seeing the QLED's showing the CPU LED on solid and the memory LED blinking. That sounds like memory but I know the memory is good since I have two sets and both work with the Athlon.

ROG Member Array

I'm thinking either RMA this bad boy or just replace it with a sabretooth...

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

RMA the board.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array TheNerdBench's Avatar

Steve,

Reason I thought about swapping the PSU is that the FXs do draw a bit more current and that your existing PSU might be having problems supplying more current (even though it is > 800 watts).

After you try another PSU (just to rule out the PSU being a problem) I would follow HiVizMan's advice and RMA the board.

BTW: You will be very happy with the Thermaltake CPU Cooler that you have...I have the same one in "my inventory" and it did a great job of easily reducing my idle temps by 20 degrees F from the stock CPU Heatsink/Fan.

I know someone who has the Sabertooth and it is a very nice board also.

Regards-Brian

For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

New ROGer Array aD4RKW4R PC Specs
    aD4RKW4R PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair V Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-8350
    Memory (part number)16 GB (2x8) Crucial Ballisix Tactical Tracer 1600
    Graphics Card #1XFX R9 295x2
    Monitor3x AOC G2460P 24in 144hz 1ms
    Storage #1ocz vertex 4 128 Gb
    Storage #2Seagate Constellation 3.0 1 Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseNZXT Phantom Red
    Power SupplyRosewill Lightning 1300w
    Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire TK
    Mouse Razor Naga Molten
    Headset Turtle Beach DPX22
    Mouse Pad Steelseries XL
    Headset/Speakers Sony STRDN840 7.2
    OS Windows 7 Professional
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87R

Cmos

You must clear the cmos with the new processor in the motherboard, this is what I have just read in A+ certification classes. This must be done everytime that you install a different model of cpu. If I remember correctly the motherboard has an easy way to do so. The error you are receiving is something along the lines of the motherboard thinking that the cpu had somehow malfunctioned because it isn't performing the same way that it was before (because you had/have a different cpu in it) I don't think that it is a psu issue because my board is running with the 8350 and I only have the 8 pin power and the 24 pin power in the motherboard, not the extra 4 pin gpu molex (EZ PLUG) nor the extra 4 pin cpu plug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2