cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX equipment (Cooler and bag) BAG MOSTLY

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Hey guys, got my new G750JX on new years. Best resolution ever.

I've ran into a roadblock though and it came to thought how I'm going to bring it with me on the occasional moves from house to house, (friends etcetera). SO....

Does anyone know a good bag that would actually fit this beast? I know the ROG Shuttle Bag works, but I'd rather something like a messenger bag. I can't find enough information on the Shuttle.

( If anyone knows if it has internal cushioning of 2cm thick at least then I might buy it. )

Next is a cooling pad. Currently looking at the Zalman NC2000. I have had one before, and it's worked for the 2 years I've ever had it but it's too small. I am getting the 17 inch model.. but does anyone recommend anything else?

I've heard that laptops are meant to get hot, I completely and utterly disagree.. especially under the Australian Sun. It gets pretty stifling here so I want something adequate.

( I don't want coolers which blow directly in the laptop, the reason I really loved my 15 inch Zalman NC1000 was because it pretty much had a dust and hair filter. )

Anyone got some suggestions? I have no price limit. Obviously since the G750JX is worth it.
10 REPLIES 10

hmscott
Level 12
Darnassus wrote:
Hey guys, got my new G750JX on new years. Best resolution ever.

I've ran into a roadblock though and it came to thought how I'm going to bring it with me on the occasional moves from house to house, (friends etcetera). SO....

Does anyone know a good bag that would actually fit this beast? I know the ROG Shuttle Bag works, but I'd rather something like a messenger bag. I can't find enough information on the Shuttle.

( If anyone knows if it has internal cushioning of 2cm thick at least then I might buy it. )

Next is a cooling pad. Currently looking at the Zalman NC2000. I have had one before, and it's worked for the 2 years I've ever had it but it's too small. I am getting the 17 inch model.. but does anyone recommend anything else?

I've heard that laptops are meant to get hot, I completely and utterly disagree.. especially under the Australian Sun. It gets pretty stifling here so I want something adequate.

( I don't want coolers which blow directly in the laptop, the reason I really loved my 15 inch Zalman NC1000 was because it pretty much had a dust and hair filter. )

Anyone got some suggestions? I have no price limit. Obviously since the G750JX is worth it.

Hot is a relative term. Too hot is when the components exceed their recommended operating temperature and stray into the range of failure. These G750's when operating correctly won't do that - they will throttle down before the temperature gets critical.

If you want to provide external cooling to assist in the elimination of heat transferred to the case, then you can add an external fan, raise the laptop away from heat reflective surfaces, and pull the G750 away from obstacles that reflect heat from the exhaust back into the air intake of the G750.

If you could blow refrigerated air into the G750 intakes, but it shouldn't be necessary for the safe operation of the G750 in a liveable ambient temperature.

I use an Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack, works well, and is very sturdy. I have been using it for 5+ years and it is still like new.
http://www.oakley.com/products/kitchen-sink-backpack/92060A-001

Darnassus
Status Under Review
That thing looks crazy. Can you tell me more about the padding on the inside? And how would you compare it to the ROG shuttle?

Also anyone who has ideas on what bag I can get to carry it around

I'd love to know if there's Messenger Bags too!

The Kitchen Sink has normal padding, but extra compartments that insulate the laptop - protecting it from direct collisions. The leather and canvas are thick, and it has a rain shroud that doubles as a shoes compartment.

The ROG bags have gotten too slim, they don't have room to carry anything else. The W90/G74 bag for my 18" was solid and tough, but there was no room even for the power adapter.

I would recommend you try to see any bag you get in person first, it is tough to tell the size / scale of these things except for in person. The Swiss Wenger looks cool in print, but in person it is way too voluminous - kinda like a sail - for the G750 - the size for the 15" is nicely scaled.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
hmscott wrote:
The Kitchen Sink has normal padding, but extra compartments that insulate the laptop - protecting it from direct collisions. The leather and canvas are thick, and it has a rain shroud that doubles as a shoes compartment.

The ROG bags have gotten too slim, they don't have room to carry anything else. The W90/G74 bag for my 18" was solid and tough, but there was no room even for the power adapter.

I would recommend you try to see any bag you get in person first, it is tough to tell the size / scale of these things except for in person. The Swiss Wenger looks cool in print, but in person it is way too voluminous - kinda like a sail - for the G750 - the size for the 15" is nicely scaled.

hmscott can I take you to an IM or something? I'm very very interested in the Kitchen Sink. (.. lol.) right now.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Also the Zalman NC2000 is brilliant, cools it down by a good 10-15*C and forbids it to retain heat on the hot summer days.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Seems the Kitchen Sink (which upon thinking really hard, I finally got the reference. ) is out of the question.

I need to find other bags to fit the G750JX. Anyone else have an idea?

wrangler
Level 7
I got this for $45 shipped, and it fits my JX easily: http://www.adorama.com/TGTXL617.html

I tried the Everki Titan at the store, and it was a tight fit.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-iMv3mp_LBg/maxresdefault.jpg

Found this, what model of Everki is this? It's an awesome brief / messenger bag

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Thanks for the input wrangler, I think I might get the Everki Titan.