cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX. How does it cool? Where does the air come from?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Where does the air come from to blow outside of the fans? I see there's some grills underneath the unit, but people are saying it sucks through the keyboard? Which is true?

Can I get a detailed explanation please?
16 REPLIES 16

hmscott
Level 12
Darnassus wrote:
Where does the air come from to blow outside of the fans? I see there's some grills underneath the unit, but people are saying it sucks through the keyboard? Which is true?

Can I get a detailed explanation please?

This is the only official diagram/image and text I have seen...

INTELLIGENT AND POWERFUL COOLING

The G750 benefits from a legacy of ROG G Series thermal innovation, featuring dual rear-venting fans that quickly remove heat from core components and further drives the heat out from the back of the notebook. This unique thermal design not only helps to lower system temperatures, but also keeps hot air away from the user and reduces ambient noise for prolonged gaming.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Thanks for the info so far. I can see it has two fans on the back (I'm an official owner) but I still cannot figure out exactly where the air intake is. The picture obviously suggests it goes from underneath then out the back.. but.. someone said keyboard? x'{

Darnassus wrote:
Thanks for the info so far. I can see it has two fans on the back (I'm an official owner) but I still cannot figure out exactly where the air intake is. The picture obviously suggests it goes from underneath then out the back.. but.. someone said keyboard? x'{

That is the rumor, under the screen above the keyboard, which is why you can set it down on the bed and have it not burn up.

I see the image showing the blue air path coming over the top of the laptop, not from underneath 🙂

You can ask Asus, through a Technical Inquiry, register here and post the question, let us know what they say...
http://vip.asus.com

Darnassus
Status Under Review

Darnassus wrote:
...So I guess..

Darnassus, you are still guessing 🙂

Using a flashlight, with your nose even with the end of the keyboard, look under the screen where the hinges attach...you will see the vents. It is too narrow to photograph with the equipment I have, if you can, please post a shot.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
hmscott wrote:
Darnassus, you are still guessing 🙂

Using a flashlight, with your nose even with the end of the keyboard, look under the screen where the hinges attach...you will see the vents. It is too narrow to photograph with the equipment I have, if you can, please post a shot.

Be nice.. :c

I will look.. and try take pictor.. >;c

Edit: Inconclusive, they look like the speaker-holes.. at least to my knowledge so far. Unless they're connected to the screen and the ones at the very back are actually vent holes..

.. quite low profile. :3

Darnassus
Status Under Review
... how do you clean this thing for dust? ':f

Darnassus wrote:
Be nice.. :c

I will look.. and try take pictor.. >;c

Edit: Inconclusive, they look like the speaker-holes.. at least to my knowledge so far. Unless they're connected to the screen and the ones at the very back are actually vent holes..

.. quite low profile. :3

You could run the GPU/CPU to 100%, get the fans really going fast, and then use a smoke generator to find the air intakes.

Here is a nice computer case example, good for ideas on how to do it so we can see all the paths the smoke takes from input to exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-2ZqmSGug

Or, register your laptop and ask Asus? 🙂

@hmscott is right. The fan vents are in the hinge assembly, on the top side of the notebook. The giant grille work covers both the speakers (in some places), and the vents in others.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23